story 133

Kie's POV:

My best friend's name is Taylor and we've been best friends since we were kids. She recently just started dating JJ Maybank, a pogue.

The news of them dating spread like wildfire across the island. Pogues and kooks never dated. Taylor seemed super happy and she said they started talking at a party and then started hanging out and now they were dating.

Here's my secret, I've had a crush on JJ Maybank since we were in fifth grade together and he got Rafe to stop teasing me. Turns out, Rafe was doing the stupid boy thing. You know, be mean to the girl when you like her. I never liked Rafe, he was an ass and he's only gotten worse as we've gotten older.

It makes kooks look really bad to date pogues. My mom told me all about her struggles when she started dating my dad. She made me promise never to date a pogue because she didn't want me to have to go through what she did with my dad. So, I never told anyone about JJ. He was my secret and it had to stay that way, especially because he was dating my best friend.

Taylor was getting a lot of hate for JJ. Every kook hates JJ because he has a crazy father who is an alcoholic and doesn't care about his son. I was going to Taylor's house to hang out with her today and I walked into her room and JJ was there.

"Kie, yay! This is JJ, my boyfriend" Taylor said with the biggest smile

"Oh, we go way back" JJ said looking at me and then at Taylor

"Really? You never mentioned knowing JJ" Taylor said to me

JJ glanced at me and my heart was racing. I couldn't believe he remembered me and JJ told her we used to be in a class together. JJ had to get to work and he left Taylor's bedroom. Once he was gone, she looked at me and said, "He's amazing and I'm in love with him"

She went on and on about JJ and I sat there listening, trying to be a good friend. We ended up going shopping and then getting pizza for dinner. We were supposed to have a sleepover, but JJ came back over and Taylor seemed so happy.

"Sorry, didn't realize I was crashing your sleepover" JJ apologized

"It's fine, I should go home anyway" I said leaving her room

I walked outside to my car and I started crying. I loved Taylor, she was my best friend but I hated that she was dating JJ. But my feelings for JJ didn't matter anymore because he was dating my best friend and I was happy for them.

I went home and went to bed trying not to think about it. The next day, I was working at the Wreck and JJ came in with his two best friends, John B and Pope. They were sitting at a table and then Taylor came in and sat next to JJ. I couldn't help but watch how happy they looked together.

They ordered and ate and then they left. Later that night, I had a DM on Instagram from Pope and he said: Hey, It's Pope, JJ's friend. Can we talk sometime tomorrow?

I wondered what he wanted to talk about so I agreed to meet him tomorrow at John B's house, they called it the Chateau. When I arrived there, John B and Pope were there.

They were super nice and they pretty much cut right to the point, John B asked, "How do you feel about JJ dating your best friend?"

"What do you mean?"

Pope took over and he said, "Sorry about him. It's just that we never expected JJ to date Taylor"

"Why not?"

"Let's just say he prefers to hook up with random girls and he doesn't ever really date" John B answered

"Okay, why am I here?" I asked having no clue what was going on