story 25

Kie is NOT a pogue in this story

JJ's POV:

John B and Pope were with me and we were at a Boneyard party. It was a typical party with annoying kooks. The two kook princess's Sarah and Kiara were there and they were both wasted. They were dancing with all the stuck-up kooks. They were both so annoying and acted so entitled.

We hung out with the other pogues at the party and had a great time. The next day, we all had to work, unlike the kooks we weren't rich. After work, we went to the beach to surf and hang out and we had a blast. Over the next few days, we just hung out on the cut and lived life to the fullest.

We were at another Boneyard party and I was making out with some random girl when I spotted Kiara sitting alone on the beach. I left the girl I was with and went to sit with her. I sat next to her and asked, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine... Just leave me alone. It's not like you care about me or could understand my problems."

"Try me.." I challenged her

"I got into a huge fight with my mom. She wants me to be this kook that I'm not. We never get along because I'm nothing like her and I don't want to be. She threatened to kick me out just for not going to some stupid dance at the country club."

"Parents... Life would be so much easier without them..."

"You have issues with your parents?"

"You haven't heard of my dad, Luke Maybank? The one who is always drunk, high, and beating his son?"

Kiara looked down and she felt guilty for making me say that.

"Yeah, and I was just hoping it wasn't true. What about your mom?" She asked

"Don't know... She took off when I was two and don't remember much..."

"Shit, I'm sorry... Here I am complaining to you about me getting in trouble for not going to some dance. You have actual things to worry about. Just forget I said anything to you." She said embarrassed and she was about to leave but I stopped her by saying

"My issues are different but that doesn't mean your problems don't matter."

"Thank you, JJ.." She said as she went back to her kook friends

I was totally shocked by how she acted. She wasn't the kook princess I expected. I went back to the boys and they gave me shit for talking to Kiara. We went back to the chateau and hung out and they all were still giving me shit about talking to a kook.

The next day, I found out from John B that Kiara was dating Rafe. I noticed they were together all the time. Apparently, they've been together for almost a year. I felt really stupid for talking to her on the beach that night. They seemed really happy together and now I wondered why I cared so much.

There was a small gathering on the beach and there were kegs. I noticed Kiara was wasted and Rafe was trying to get her to leave with him and his friends and she kept saying no. Rafe left her wasted alone at the beach. She was blacked out and had no idea what was going on. A few boys were dancing with her and I walked over there and picked her up bridal style and I carried her to the van leaving John B and Pope here.

I brought her to the chateau and carried her into my bedroom and I locked the door. I grabbed a bottle of water, Advil, and a garbage can for later. She was passed out in my bed and I laid down on the floor.

Pope and John B came home later on and I didn't want them to know she was here. She woke up puking in the morning and I got up and she looked worried.

"What the hell happened last night?" She asked concerned

"Nothing, I promise. You were super drunk at the beach party and Rafe left you there. A bunch of random guys were dancing with you and I didn't think it was a good idea to leave you with them so I brought you back here and just let you crash here. I slept on the floor just to make sure you were okay."

"Wait? I was drunk?" She asked

I chuckled and said, "Yeah, I've seen you drunk before but you were out of it.."

"Someone must have slipped something in my drink. I only had one beer last night."

John B and Pope saw us leave my bedroom and said, "Damn, JJ and the kook queen did it.."

"We didn't do anything. Someone slipped something in her drink and I took her here last night to take care of her." I said

"Oh, damn.. That's crazy.." John B said

"Thanks for letting me stay." She said to the two boys as I left with her to bring her home

She was giving me directions to her house and it was massive. She looked at it and said, "I really don't want to go home..."

"Well, you could hang out with me today if you wanted?" I asked her and she smiled and said yes

We got breakfast and then we went to the beach and just hung out. I took her to the lighthouse and we climbed up and watched the sunset. It was beautiful and she laid her head on my shoulder and my stomach got this weird feeling.

"Thank you for taking care of me. I've never had anyone care about me as much as you do."

"Really? You have so many kook friends."

"Yeah, but I'm not close with them like you are with your friends. I wish I could be a pogue..."

"You can hang out with me and my friends anytime you want."

"I'd love that.." She said as we sat and watched the sky turn purple, pink, and yellow

She looked at me and she kissed me. I was not expecting that and I pulled back and said, "Aren't you dating Rafe?"

"It's more I'm his girlfriend when he wants me. So no and I never could after the way you treat me." She said

I kissed her and we made out until it was dark out. Then I took her home and she kissed me goodbye and said she would see me tomorrow.

Sure enough, the next day she showed up at the chateau. I had told Pope and John B about what happened and they were shocked I was macking a kook.

I greeted her with a kiss and introduced her to the boys. We went out on the HMS pogue and we stopped to pick up Sarah who John B was flirting with.

Kie and I were in the front and we were making out as Pope drove the boat. I was falling hard for this girl and she felt the same way because she leaned over and whispered, "I'm falling in love with you"

"I'm falling in with you" I said back as I kissed her perfect lips