story 45

Kie's POV:

JJ had been hanging out with this girl lately. Her name was Emma and she was super pretty and I think he actually liked her.

Today I walked in on them slow dancing in the living room at the Chateau. JJ was so embarrassed he told me to get out and was mad. I was mad about how he reacted as it really wasn't that big of a deal.

I went home and I was in an awful mood. I think so might have been jealous because I guess I like JJ. I know it sounds crazy but part of me has always liked him and cared about him more than just a friend should.

Prom was coming up and JJ was most likely going to go with Emma which meant that I needed to find a hot prom date. Someone who would piss JJ off and then I picked Rafe.

Of course, JJ made a huge deal about it and Pope and John B took JJ's side saying that was an awful idea and they told me not to go with him. JJ was pissed at me and didn't talk to me the week before the dance.

I was getting ready with Sarah and she said, "You look so hot"

"So do you!" I said as I touched up my make-up

Rafe showed up and picked me up in a fancy sports car. Sarah went with the pogues to the dance. I was hanging out with Rafe and his kook friends and I snuck away to the pogues.

"Hey" I said to them and no one responded

"What the hell did I do?" I asked on the verge of tears

"Nothing... Go back to fucking Rafe" JJ said 

"Can we talk?" I asked him

"I'm busy with Emma" He said walking away

I looked at John B, Sarah, Pope, and his date. No one said a word and I asked, "Was JJ going to ask me?"

"Bingo" John B said

Then it hit me. He wasn't dancing with Emma for the reason I thought. He was dancing with her to practice for me at prom. I felt so stupid at this moment. I felt my eyes tearing up and a slow song came on and I walked up to JJ and Emma.

"J, can I dance with you?" I asked

He gave me a look and Emma said, "Yeah, I have to run to the bathroom"

She left and JJ said, "I'm not dancing with you, go dance with the kook you came here with"

"I know you were practicing with Emma so you would know what to do at prom with me." I said and his reaction was funny as he tried to deny it but then he laughed

"You're right, I wanted to have this dramatic thing where I go way overboard and ask you to prom. Then you were supposed to say yes and let me go dress shopping with you so I could see how beautiful you loved in every dress you tried on. Then prom would come and we'd hang out at the dance for a bit but we'd sneak out early and I'd take you to a fun little private date after-party kinda thing."

"That sounds amazing, is it too late for that to happen?"

"I don't know, Kie, will you go to prom with me?"

"I'd love to" I said as JJ and I slow danced together

After the dance, we took a few pictures, and then JJ and I left the dance. He took me to the beach where the was a blanket, food, candles, and rose pedals all laid out.

We ate and talked for a long time. Then I kissed him and we made out for a bit. We ended up spending the night on the beach. It was perfect, the best prom I could ever ask for. JJ made it so special.