story 41 - part 1

JJ's POV:

Kie and I hooked up once on the island. We actually spent a few nights together without the others knowing. When we finally got home, Kie's parents sent her away to live with her mom's sister in Pennsylvania.

We never got to say goodbye to her. Everyone missed her, but I was lost without her. I ended up getting a pretty decent job and I just lived in my dad's old house as he was gone. It's been almost four years since we've seen Kie and she was coming back tonight.

We were all at the Chateau and Kie showed up. She looked the exact same. Sarah was the first one to run and hug her. Then Cleo and Pope, and John B was next in line. She walked up to me and she hugged me. Damn, I've missed her so fucking much.

I introduced her to my girlfriend and she introduced us to her boyfriend. Apparently, they've been together since she's been gone. She looked so happy with him, I was happy that she was able to find some happiness in the shitty situation where her parents sent her away.

We spent the night at the Chateau having a fire, just like old times. Kie and her boyfriend, left the next day to go visit her parents. They were going to spend the night there and then leave the next day. We never got to say goodbye to her before she left town again. However, Kie texted us and told us she was coming back into town for the Fourth of July.

We were super excited to see her. The next two months took forever and I invited Kie and her boyfriend to stay at my house as Pope and Cleo were staying at the Chateau. We were all hanging at the Chateau and told Kie to meet us here.

Kie arrived with her boyfriend at the chateau and she opened the door to the backseat and she walked over holding a little girl. Everyone was a little confused and Kie said, "This is our daughter, Lauren."

Sarah went to say hi to the little girl and her boyfriend looked extremely happy. Lauren was freaking adorable and I didn't like kids. We were all just hanging out and Lauren came up to me and she just started talking. She was so shy around everyone else. She told me about how she was three years old and her mommy loved to take her swimming. She asked me a million questions like, what's your name, how old are you, do you know my mommy, what's your favorite color, and so many more.

She had been talking to me for over an hour and she wanted to go down by the water, so I took her. John B came with and he said, "She really seems to like you"

"Yeah, I have no idea why," I said as I never liked kids and they never liked me

We hung out all day at the Chateau and Lauren was by my side all day. We were heading back to my house and I helped Kie move their bags into the guest room, which used to be my bedroom. I got up the next day and Kie was up with Lauren and they were outside playing. We all got ready and went to John B's to go out on the HMS pogue.

"Daddy!" Lauren yelled and her dad went and helped her with the life jacket but he was in a bad mood today so I offered to help. He got pissed at me and told me to fuck off.

We spent the whole day on the water and it was late coming back and Lauren was asleep in Kie's arms. The next day, Kie and her family left OBX to head back home. They were planning another trip before summer ended.

"You were really good with Kie's daughter," Pope said surprised

"Yeah, I thought you hated kids" John B chipped in

"I usually do, kids usually hate me but she really liked me." I said not thinking much about it

"JJ, I need you to be serious with me and not freak out or lie... Did you and Kie ever do it?" Pope asked 

"Do what?" I asked not realizing what he meant and then a light bulb went off and I looked at my two friends and said, "No, nothing has ever happened between us. We've never had sex."