story 14

Kiara's POV:

Today was my wedding day. I was marrying the man of mine and my parent's dreams. His name was Lucas and he was from New York. He came from a wealthy family. We just bought a house on Figure 8 and a condo in New York City.

I was getting ready to walk down the aisle. My wedding was a complete fairy tale. The venue, the decorations, the people, the dress, the guy. It was all picture-perfect, except this wasn't my fairy tale.

I looked in the mirror at his dress which cost thousands of dollars. I took a deep breath and I walked to the room Lucas was in and kicked everyone out. Lucas saw me and he tried to kick me out as it was bad luck.

"Lucas, I can't do this... I'm so sorry... I love you, but I'm not in love with you. And you deserve the best."

He tried to talk to me and I started crying and told him I couldn't. He understood and he said he would make the announcement. I left the country club in my dress

I went to my parent's house and changed out of the fancy dress. Then I went for a drive. I just drove thinking about what I had just done.

My phone was going off nonstop. I turned it off and just drove.

JJ's POV:

Kie and I had been fighting nonstop three months before her wedding. We didn't talk forever and I was being a dick to her because I hated the fact that she was getting married because I was in love with her. I've been in love with her for years but I never told her.

I mean, I did in a joking way by always flirting with her and hitting on her. I also always protected her.

I didn't go to her wedding. I told her a week before that I wasn't going and that caused a huge screaming match between the two of us. We haven't talked since. We both said some really nasty things to each other.

I was hanging at the Chateau drinking a bottle of whisky when Pope and Cleo and John B and Sarah walked in. They were only gone an hour or so. I looked at them confused and John B said, "Kie never showed.."

"John B, you suck at telling stories. Kiara was there, we did all the pictures and stuff before the ceremony. She looked like a princess. But right before the wedding, like minutes before, Lucas walked down and said there would be no wedding and told us all to go home." Pope said

"No one can get ahold of her either. Our calls go straight to voicemail." Cleo chimed in

I was in total shock. Kie didn't marry Lucas. I immediately started thinking of all the places she might be. But I was the last person she would want to see.

"Shit... That's crazy.. Any idea why she called it off?"

"We have no idea if it was her or if it was Lucas. Kie was gone before he made the annoucement." Sarah replied

"So what should we do?" John B asked

"Nothing, I mean it's Kie. She wasn't at home or at our spot on the beach. So I'm guessing she just wants to be left alone. She'll talk to us when she's ready." Sarah spoke

I just wanted to know if she was okay. If it was Lucas who called the wedding off, I was going to kill him for hurting Kie. Everyone changed and we all just were hanging out. It was late, maybe around midnight when the door opened. We all turned to look and Kie was standing there.

She was wearing leggings and a sweatshirt and she had been crying. Sarah was the first one to get up and hug her.

"What happened?" Sarah asked in her comforting voice

"It's a long story but it was me who called it off." Kie said wiping some of her tears

Everyone started drilling her with questions and she didn't answer any of them. Instead, she just said, "I need to talk to JJ."

I got up from my spot and walked over to Kie who walked outside. We were outside and I said, "I'm sorry to hear about the wedding.."

"Shut up, JJ. No, you're not so stop pretending.." She said totally calling me out

I gave her a look and I said, "You're right, I'm not..."

"I said shut up.. Okay?" She yelled

Fuck. She was pissed. She started crying and she turned away so I was looking at her back. She wiped her tears and then she turned around.

"Fuck you... Lucas was everything I wanted and my whole family adored him. We would have had a perfect life together. A beach house in OBX and a condo in New York City. He was very wealthy and we would have kids that went to fancy private schools and we'd go on epic vacations. It would have been a fairytale life..." She said crying again

I tried to speak again when she cut me off and said, "But I called the wedding off because none of that matters. It's a fairytale life, but it isn't my fairytale. In my fairytale, it's you. You're the one that I marry and we'll live on the cut together and have a few kids in the future. We'll teach them the important things in life. You are the one that I want to marry. I'm sorry for everything. I love you, JJ Maybank.."

Kie was crying again but she wasn't pissed at me. She was in love with me. I've been waiting years to hear this. She was crying a lot so I hugged her and she started crying even harder.

"You're crazy for picking me over him, you know that right?"

"Yes, I know. I tried really hard not to love you but I couldn't.."

"I love you, Kie. So fucking much and you not marrying Lucas is the best thing that could have ever happened." I said which caused her to laugh

Our hug broke apart and here came the moment that we've both been dreaming of. I wiped her tears and then we leaned in and our lips touched. It was a short kiss and we took a breath and went back in for more. We were making out for a while and then we broke apart and Kie had the biggest smile on her face.

She hugged me and I kissed the top of her head. "I'm so in love with you.." I said

We broke apart and we walked back inside Sarah asked, "So?"

"So I called off the wedding because I'm in love with this idiot." Kie said kissing me in front of everyone