story 139 - part 2

requested by many readers in part 1 - thank you!

JJ's POV:

The pregnancy was going pretty fast. Well, at least it was for me but then again, I'm not the one carrying the baby. Kie was seven months pregnant and we were getting ready for prom. I asked Kie to prom, and even though it wasn't my thing, it was her thing and she was pregnant with my baby so that kinda makes it my thing.

Kie was wearing a long dress and it was tight, which really showed off her baby bump. She looked beautiful. I couldn't believe how gorgeous she looked.

Her mom and dad were there taking a bunch of pictures. Yeah, they were furious when they found out it was my baby and not Pope's, but then something happened and they suddenly started treating me like I wasn't a pogue. They respected me, and treated me like their son, like their daughter's boyfriend, they almost seemed to like me.

We went to prom and we had an incredible night. All our friends went to the afterparty to start drinking and I would have loved to go, but Kie couldn't drink and she was tired so instead, we went home, to her parent's house.

Her mom and dad were busy working at the Wreck tonight. I had already set up our own little after-party. I had a movie picked out and Kie's favorite doughnuts on her bed.

We showered together and then we laid in bed and watched a movie and ate the doughnuts. Kie seemed super happy and so did the baby as it was kicking. I loved feeling our little one kick, and so did Kie, when it wasn't painful.

We decided to keep the gender a surprise until the birth. It drove everyone crazy, but it's what we wanted. Kie fell asleep in my arms and I was playing with her hair as she slept. Her mom opened the door and asked, "How was prom?"

"It was great, Kie looked so beautiful" I said looking down at her asleep on me

Her mom smiled and said, "I'm glad you guys had a goodnight. Thanks for taking such good care of her. See you guys in the morning"

"Are you okay if I stay here?"

She smiled and said, "Yeah, you've already spent plenty of nights here. Besides, in a few weeks, your baby will be here and I'm sure you'll be spending every night here. If you want, you're more than welcome to move into Kiara's room. Goodnight"

Weeks went by and we were in the hospital as Kie was giving birth. I couldn't believe how fast this was all happening right now.

"You're doing so good, Kie... Our baby is almost here" I said trying to encourage her

I wish I could take the pain away from her, but she was doing so so good. I was holding her hand and she was squeezing it so hard, but I didn't mind. I was willing to do anything to help.

A few more pushes later, our baby was born and one of the nurses said, "It's a boy"

Kie looked at me and our son was placed on Kie's chest and I kissed her forehead and said, "You did so good, I love you"

"He's beautiful" Kie said crying and then she said, "I love you too"

Kie and I were so concentrated on our son, Liam Jackson Maybank. Kie held him for a few minutes and then I cut the umbilical cord. I then took my shirt off to hold my son for skin-to-skin contact while they cleaned Kie up.

After about an hour, Kie's parents came in to meet their grandson and they were overjoyed. Then the pogues came in and Sarah was in love with our son and was asking Kie a million questions. John B was just happy to be there and then there was Pope. The first thing he said was, "Wow, I'm so glad that I'm not in your position right now"