story 158 (based on season 3)

SEASON 3 SPOILERS in this story

* disclaimer - this story is based on OBX season 3, episode 10- I just put my own thoughts/ideas into the episode *

JJ's POV:

When we arrived in South America, we somehow found Pope and Cleo right away. We went to meet up with John B, Sarah, big John, and now Ward was here. One thing was for sure, I didn't trust him.

We were busy hiking up a mountain following big John trying to find El Dorado. This guy didn't fuck around. He was in a hurry and wouldn't wait for anyone. Kie and I were both drenched in sweat. We reached this creepy cave and John B was bleeding.

It was decided that John and Sarah were for sure going down in the cave. We decided that two people should stay behind with big John. Cleo volunteered and said, "I'm going with you guys and so is JJ"

Kie looked at me and I could see the fear in her eyes. She didn't want me to leave. "I'll stay here and Pope can go"

"JJ, stop making a big deal and get your ass over here" John B said anxious to get going

I knew Ward was here somewhere and I'm sure Singh and his men weren't far behind. Kie's been through a lot these past few weeks. She was kidnapped by Singh's men and taken against her will to that camp.

"Cleo, you stay with Pope. You have a knife to defend you guys. Kie will come with us" Sarah said making the decision

Kie got up and walked over to us and we followed John B and Sarah under the water. They were in front of us and she apologized for being so dramatic. I told her not to worry about it. I grabbed her hand and held it as we followed behind John B and Sarah. She seemed way more relaxed now until we got to the part where we had to jump and if we didn't make it, we'd fall to our death.

John B and I went first and Kie and Sarah were both scared to jump.

"If you want, we can go and see what's up there. It might just be a dead end" John B suggested

"You're not finding El Dorado without us" Kie said as she prepared to make the jump

"J, promise you won't let me fall" She said

"I promise, I've got you" I said ready to help her if I could

Kie made it across safely and she hugged me. Sarah did the same to John B. We continued walking and we thought we hit a dead end until Sarah remembered a clue that big John had said. We put the flare out so it was pitch black and Kie grabbed my hand. Suddenly, the walls were this strange blue color and we followed it until we reached the city of gold. John B and I were practically jumping up and down together.

I looked at Kie who had the biggest smile on her face and then I kissed her. We heard John B and Sarah clapping and yelling. We both realized that we haven't told anyone about what happened.

"It's about time!" Sarah said

"Looks like that door isn't locked anymore" John B said with a smirk

We put some gold in John B's backpack and we started making our way out as Sarah asked a million questions about us being a couple. We emerged from the cave to see Cleo and Singh in an intense fight. We all quickly jumped in and big John ended up throwing a stick of dynamite as we all sprinted out of the cave.

We were telling them all about what we found and we were making our way back to the boat when we came across Singh's men. They had John B at gunpoint. I stepped in front of Kie to protect her.

Ward ended saving us all and he was badly injured. We helped the two dads back to the boat where we got them to the hospital. We all agreed that we were going to head back to the Outer Banks and leave big John and Ward here.

We got on Ward's private jet and we couldn't believe what had just happened. We actually found El Dorado. Pope asked, "So what did we miss in the cave?"

"It was super dark, huge city of gold at the end of the cave, we got some small gold rocks, oh yeah and JJ and Kie are macking" John B called us out

Kie nervously looked at Cleo and Pope. Cleo said, "Pope and I are macking too"

"Look at my boys, both in relationships" John B said like a proud dad

I looked at Kie and said, "By the way, I'm out of the nothing to lose club. Because you are my everything and I can't lose you"

Kie wasn't one to get emotional but I could see the tears forming in her eyes.

"I can't lose you either"

"I love you" I said kissing her and she pulled back just for a second to say, "I love you too"

We were totally macking in front of our friends but we didn't care. When we did break apart, Pope said, "Thanks for the PDA"

"Welcome" I said giving Kie a quick peck on the lips

She rested her head on my shoulder and eventually fell asleep. I dozed off as well. It had been quite an adventure these past few days.

I woke up and saw Pope was up reading a book. No idea where he got that from, but typical Pope.

"So you and Kie really are together now"

"Yeah, we are. I love her, you know I've been hitting on her for years"

"I know, just don't hurt her" Pope said

"I won't..." I said as he went back to reading

He looked up and said, "But I'm happy for you guys, really. It's great that we are all in relationships"

"You and Cleo, huh?" I replied

He told me all about how she kissed him and I told him about how I rescued Kie from the awful camp. I'm glad Pope was being cool about this.

Everyone slowly started to wake up and Sarah asked, "So who is going to be the next couple to join me and John B and get married?"

"It's JJ and Kie" Cleo said

"For sure" John B agreed

"Yesss" Sarah said cheerful

"I mean, I'd have to agree because I want to be pretty traditional about dating and being together for a long time where JJ and Kie are way more go with the flow and adventurous"

I looked at Kie who was blushing and she said, "Guess we're getting married"

"Guess so... You're dads gonna love that"

"I can't wait to be a Maybank" She whispered and we both knew we weren't getting married now but it wouldn't shock me if as soon as we turned eighteen we legally got married

"Kiara Anna Maybank sounds perfect!" Sarah said

Sarah began planning this wedding in her head she imagined for us with John B and Kie and I just laughed. We were just so happy to finally be together.