story 48

JJ's POV:

We had been on Pougelandia for about two weeks or so. We've kinda lost track of time and it was fun at first. Now, it was stressful as it was like a million degrees, we didn't have much freshwater, people were hungry, we were all sunburnt, and there was a huge storm moving in.

We had built a small shelter on the beach for all of us. Today, was a day where we were all gathering fruit, fishing, and getting fresh water to drink. Today, I was so annoyed with everyone. They all started blaming me for being stuck here. Pope was also pissing me off.

I was fishing with a homemade pole and I only caught two small fish he decided to tell me I sucked at fishing.

"You fucking suck at everything JJ. You're the one who always screws us the plans and gets us in trouble. You do such stupid shit to try to impress Kiara and guess what? She doesn't care! Don't you get that? She isn't into us, you, me, or John B so just stop it!"

"Fuck you, Pope! You know nothing.."

"I know that with the way you've been acting, you're going to end up just like your father. So it's best that we all stay the hell away from you."

"Fine, you don't want me here so I'm going. I'll go figure shit out on my own." I yelled as I started to gather my stuff

"No, you aren't leaving JJ. I can't almost lose you again" Kie said stopping me

"Again? You don't care about me. No one cares about me. You all will be fine without me. I'm better off starving to death here." I said continuing to grab my stuff

"Dude, calm down and relax," John B said also annoyed with me

"J, relax, calm down.." Kie said trying to calm me down

I was having a full-blown panic attack or anxiety attack. My heart was about to beat out of my chest. My chest hurt. I continued to speak and Pope continued to argue back.

"Please everyone just stop talking. I can't do this anymore. Pope, you can shut the fuck up. I can't breathe. It's not my fault that we're here... It's your family's fucking cross, Pope. I'm so fucking sick of this shit. You guys treat me like like shit. You guys are my family, all I have. I understand that Sarah and John B have each other, Pope and Kie have your parents, and Cleo you have your bad guys who tried to kill us. I have no one, my dad literally left me just like my mom...."

Kie walked up to me and she kissed me. She really was kissing me and I didn't kiss her back. She pulled away and she looked into my eyes and said, "J, look at me... I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere, no matter what. Nothing you ever say or do will make me leave you. Breathe, just breathe..."

She pulled me into her arms and I instantly calmed down. She looked back at me and she was holding both of my hands.

"Are you okay?" She asked

"Yeah, thank you..." I said suddenly so relaxed and then I realized what just happened she did that in front of everyone

I looked around and it started to rain so we went under the shelter and Kie was next to me. She acted like nothing happened like she didn't kiss me. Probably because I didn't kiss her back. It was now storming. Kie put me on one end and Pope on the other and she looked at me and asked, "Are you okay?"

"I will be, thank you for earlier. I've never been that worked up before."

"I know but you need to just relax and focus on your breathing. Next time it happens, just look at me an pretend like it's just us."

"You're so good at this... I've never been this vulnerable around anyone else" He whispered back to me

"It's because I care about you" She whispered and I kissed her lips

She kissed me back and we continued to whisper things to each other and sneak some kisses in as the storm was so obnoxious with the hail, wind, and rain. I kept her shielded from it the best I could. I knew I was going to be okay because I had Kie. She was all I needed.