story 143 (based on season 3)

SEASON 3 SPOILERS in this story !!!!

* based on season 3, episode 10 * - big concept is from OBX season 3 (which I do not own) just putting my own twist on it.

Takes place while the Pogues are in South America trying to find El Dorado

Kie's POV:

Pope, Cleo, JJ, and I were all on our way up the mountain after John B and Sarah. JJ was driving the boat up the river and it was getting dark. We decided to pull the boat over and tie it off on a tree.

"Alrighty, let's call it a night" Cleo said

We were all laying down on the boat the best we could. It wasn't comfortable, like at all. I couldn't sleep so I looked up at the stars hoping that John B and Sarah were okay.

"Kie, you awake?" JJ whispered

"Yeah"

"Whatcha thinking about?" He asked

"John B and Sarah, and you"

He looked at me, suddenly a lot more interested in the conversation.

"What about me?"

"Just that I can't believe you were willing to ditch the pogues and South America all to save me from that fucked up wilderness camp"

He looked at me and said, "Kie, you know that I'd do anything for you"

"I know you would" I whispered back

"Come here" He said pulling me into his arms

He wrapped his arms around me as I laid on his chest, which was so much more comfortable than resting my head on the side of the boat.

He kissed my forehead and he said, "I won't let anything happen to you. I love you"

"I love you too" I replied falling asleep in his arms

We woke up to the hot sun beating down on our bodies. We all quickly got up so we could continue up the river to catch up to John B and Sarah. JJ was still driving the boat when Pope looked at me and said, "You two looked awfully cozy last night"

I looked at JJ and he said, "Pope, calm down"

"Yeah, Pope, relax!" Cleo chipped in

"So what are you two like a thing now?" Pope asked in a voice where he didn't sound mad but he didn't sound thrilled either

"Yeah, we are" JJ said before I could respond

I smiled at him and Pope said, "Wow, but I saw it coming... Just don't let it get in the way of the pogues"

"Never, P4L, man" JJ said

"P4L" Pope replied as they did the pogue handshake