96• Symbol Of Our Love

After a few minutes, Reyna regained consciousness, and Cole was sitting beside her on the bed, distraught and fiddling with his neck chain in tension

After a few minutes, Reyna regained consciousness, and Cole was sitting beside her on the bed, distraught and fiddling with his neck chain in tension. He stared at her blankly as she opened her eyes.

She noticed his distress and asked him concernedly. "Is everything all right, Cole?"

"Everything went wrong, Kiddo," he said in a melancholy tone as he shook his head, making her even more anxious.

"What are you saying, Cole? You're making me worried. Tell me what happened." She inquired, becoming agitated.

"You—you're pregnant." He told her, stammering, and closed his eyes in despair. He was disappointed in himself because he should have taken care of this.

"What?" She yelled in shock, sitting up on the bed. She couldn't believe what she heard. "You're kidding, right?" As she asked him, he slightly shook his head.

"You're seriously pregnant, Kiddo." He told her again, clasping her face, and she looked at him in disbelief.

"Really?" As she asked him, he gave her a slight nod.

"You're so young, Kiddo. You're only eighteen years old. You have college. You're not ready for this. This shouldn't have happened." He closed his eyes and shook his head dejectedly.

As she clasped his hand, he opened his eyes and stared at her with his sorrowful eyes. "Cole, now it has happened. We have to accept it." She explained to him, placing her free hand on his face.

"No. You're not ready. We have to abort it." As he stated, she freaked out.

"What? Are you insane, Cole? It's the symbol of our love. How could you even think such a thing?"

He cupped her face and explained his point of view to her. "Kiddo, I'm thinking about you. You're still studying. It's a big responsibility. Try to understand that we can't do this right now."

"Cole, we'll manage together." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm himself as he listened to her words. He was frustrated because she wasn't ready to understand him. Moreover, he was angry at himself for making her pregnant so early.

"Cole, don't you want this child?" As she questioned him, he immediately opened his eyes and mused at her.

He realised he hadn't even considered whether he wanted this baby or not; all he could think about was his kiddo. Then he pondered whether he was ready to have the baby or not.

As he imagined himself with the baby, mechanically a smile appeared on his face. He wanted this baby, he desired to give his baby all of the love for which he had yearned since childhood.

However, as he again thought about his Kiddo, his smile disappeared from his face. She was too young to take responsibility for their child. He couldn't be selfish.

"Kiddo, it doesn't matter whether I want the baby or not-"

"It matters, Cole; it's our baby. It matters to me whether you want this or not." As she spoke, placing his hand on her belly, a lone tear automatically trickled down his cheek.

He wanted to be happy, but he couldn't because his Kiddo wasn't ready to have the baby.

"Tell me honestly, Cole. Do you want this or not?" She asked him in a stern tone, still holding his hand on her belly, and they stared at each other mutely for a few seconds.

He removed his hand from her belly and held her arms. "Kiddo, you're not understanding me.  You have to give birth to this baby-"

"I'm completely ready, Cole. I've always wished to have a small family with you, and I'm overjoyed that my wish is coming true so soon. I'm getting everything I wished for; you, me and our little baby. I just want to know whether you want our baby or not." She stared at him, waiting for him to answer her question.

"I want this baby, Kiddo, but I can't be selfish. You-"

She shushed him, pressing her finger to his lips. "Cole, don't worry about me. Believe me, we're going to be the best parents ever. We'll raise our child together and give him all the happiness in the world."

"I don't know how I'm gonna confront Ethan. He gonna kill me, Reyna, for making his sister pregnant before marriage."

"Don't worry. I'll make him understand. Wow! Cole, we're going to become parents." She squealed with joy and hugged him.

He stared straight with a solemn expression, still not completely satisfied with the news because Reyna was young, and he was concerned about how Ethan would react after learning about his sister's pregnancy and how he would face him.

As they pulled apart, she noticed that he was still anxious. "Cole, relax. Just think about our upcoming baby." She comforted him, stroking his stubbles with her thumb, and kissed his forehead softly.

She wanted to take away his every tension with this forehead, and he closed his eyes to feel her lips on his skin. He felt some peace when he felt the soft touch of her lips on his skin, and he lost himself in her soothing touch.

When he opened his eyes, reality hit him that his kiddo was pregnant.

"I can't be relaxed, Reyna. It's a big thing. You aren't thinking practically." He yelled and stormed out of the room.

She was startled for a split second when she saw his sudden anger, but she quickly composed herself by closing her eyes and taking a deep breath.

"Baby, don't think Daddy doesn't want you. He wants you, it's just that he loves Mumma so much. That's why he can't look beyond her right now. Don't worry, one day Daddy will love you as much as he loves your Mumma. Give him some time, but don't get upset with him." She lovingly explained to her baby while placing her hand on her belly.

"Mumma is so excited about your arrival. You'll be the symbol of Daddy and Mumma's love. I just can't wait to cradle you in my arms." She squealed and hugged her belly, beaming with glee.

"Now Mumma has to find Daddy and talk to him. I'm not bothered at all because I know Daddy will accept you as you're our baby. He can't ignore you." She stepped down from the bed and wore her slippers while conversing with her baby.

She searched the entire house for him, but he was nowhere to be found. She came out, and when she couldn't find his bike in the parking lot, she understood he had gone on the ride.

"Huh! He went on the ride alone. I'm angry with him." She folded her arms across her chest and muttered, getting angry with him.

"Are you listening, Baby? I'm not going to forgive your Daddy for leaving us alone." Looking at her belly, she adorably complained about Cole to her baby.

" Looking at her belly, she adorably complained about Cole to her baby