34• Secret Romance

She went to the balcony, placing the phone over her ear to talk to Ella

"Hey, Barbie, how're you?" Ella asked her.

"I'm sorry, Ella, for ignoring you." She apologised to her.

"You know, I was so angry with you until I found out why you were acting this way," Ella said in a solemn tone.

"You know the reason?"

"Yes, I know."

"How?" Reyna inquired.

Ella exhaled heavily. "Diana visited my house this morning. She was crying because nobody hired her for the job because of Cole, and she told me everything. I'm still in shock, Reyna. How could she do this to you? I never thought that Diana would do something like that." Reyna sighed and pouted sadly.

"This was the only reason I wasn't talking to you, Ella. I'm sorry, but after what Diana did to me, I just needed some time to trust anybody again. She was so nice to me. I missed our friendship." Mechanically a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I can understand. It's hurting me too. Anyways, how are you?"

"I'm experiencing the best days of my life with Cole. He didn't let me fall even though I was utterly shattered." As she took Cole's name and began to speak about him, a smile automatically appeared on her face.

"I'm so glad to know this. You deserve all of this happiness, and never forget that I'm always there for you."

"I know, and I'm extremely sorry for dodging you."

"Hey, don't be. I can completely understand."

"I love you, Ella. Now you're my only friend, and I don't want to lose you."

"Neither me." They both smiled with tears in their eyes.

"Okay, now bye because I'm with him." She told him gleefully.

"Enjoy, but when we meet, I want all the details."

She chuckled. "Of course."

Ella said, "Bye, take care."

"Bye." She hung up with a smile on her face.

She was so relieved after talking to her, and she was glad that Cole made her understand and persuaded her to talk to Ella.

"At least, I still have my best friend Ella with me. I should look at the positive side of life. And how can I forget about Cole? If he's with me, nothing matters to me." She murmured and returned to the room.

He was styling his hair, standing in front of the mirror. They beamed at each other through the mirror.

"All sorted between you and Ella," He asked after turning towards her.