89• Soothing Him

She grabbed Cole's hand and stated, "You're coming with me, and you'll ride the bike

She grabbed Cole's hand and stated, "You're coming with me, and you'll ride the bike." As he shook his head, she stared at him with her pleading eyes.

"No way, Kiddo. I can't." He flatly denied it. He didn't want to try, especially in front of her, because she would be shattered seeing his state.

"I'm with you, baby! Trust me, I'll make you feel better." She reassured him by clasping his face and pressing her forehead against his after standing on her toes. He closed his eyes and placed his hands on hers, which were placed on his face, and they both shed silent tears.

"Please for me, Cole." She begged, staring at him with her moist eyes.

"Okay." He finally agreed for her sake, and a small smile flashed on her face.

But she didn't even know he had completely given up and thus didn't even want to try to ride the bike, but only for her, he was willing to fight his fear.

She led him out of the house. Ethan wanted to go behind them but didn't go because he wanted to give them privacy.

He called up Ella because he was shattered, seeing his best friend's condition, and he needed her.

"Hello. You know I was just about to call you." He closed his eyes, and a small smile flashed on his face. Listening to her cheerful voice, he felt a bit better.

"Could you come to meet me?" He directly asked her.

"Is everything all right, Ethan? You're sounding tense." Ella asked him concernedly.

"Just come."

"I'm just coming."

As he disconnected the call, Cole's sorrowful words echoed in his ear. "No, I can never ride the bike again. It's my punishment because that accident happened because of me. Everyone suffered because of me."

"Why are you making my friend suffer more, God? Hasn't he suffered enough in this one month?" Ethan questioned God, and a lone tear trickled down his cheeks.

***

As Cole approached the bike, his breath became heavy and his heartbeat quickened. The images of that accident began to haunt him again, and he wanted to flee, but for the sake of his kiddo, he stayed.

As she saw his condition, she grasped his hand, and he gazed at her with profound fear in his brown eyes.

She gave him a boost, slightly squeezing his hand and blinking her eyes in assurance. "You can do this, my love." Her words gave him much-needed strength, and then he composed himself and hopped on his bike.

But when he sat on the bike, his condition worsened. His whole body started trembling and sweating.

Reyna briefly lost consciousness when she saw the miserable state in which her true love was, but she soon recovered and began to rub his back. She had to be strong for him now more than ever because he needed her, so she couldn't allow herself to become vulnerable.