78• Out Of Coma?

A month passed like this

A month passed like this. Cole didn't leave Reyna's room even for a second in that one month. Without her, one month felt like a thousand years. He didn't feel like doing anything; he just talked to her, took care of her, and read her diary. He was yearning for the day when she would respond to him.

He already knew she was crazy for him, but after reading all that crazy stuff, he fell even more in love with her. He read about how she used to covertly protect him, cook his favourite meal, and take care of him in hard times.

One day, when he had a high fever, at night she came to the guest room where he was sleeping. He was weeping in his sleep due to a high fever, and she brought his fever down by placing a wet cloth on his forehead, and she had cried so much that night for him.

He didn't even know a few months ago that she was secretly worshipping him, and he was always so rude to her. He was glad that she had never given up on winning his heart. She was the angel of his life, who had now become a dead soul. It hurt him a bit more every day, seeing her love in a coma. He was yearning to listen to her euphonious voice, to get drowned in intoxicating brown eyes and to feel her touch.

He had a long beard, hair, and nails because he didn't shave, trim his hair, or cut his nails for a month because he wasn't in his right mind. He was counting every second as if he were paying his debt because she was his sole reason for living.

Sometimes he used to dream about her with open eyes; his condition was deteriorating by the day, but the possibility of reuniting with her and her diary kept him alive; they were like his oxygen mask.

The same was Ethan's condition; he spent most of his time in his office because his sister's memories haunted him at home. Those lovely and endearing memories with his sister, which he once treasured, were now tormenting him because, upon remembering them, he missed her even more. This broke him because he couldn't relive those moments again.

Ethan didn't return home and had been working nonstop twenty-four hours for three days, so he didn't have time to think about his sister. Everyone in the company was witnessing a different side of him that they had never seen before, as he was becoming arrogant and losing his temper over minor issues and yelling at staff for small mistakes.

When Ethan was engrossed in his laptop, the door of his cabin burst open, and Ella stormed inside.

He raised his pale face to look at her. "Ethan, get up right now. We're going back home." She ordered him, standing in front of him, and he stared at her with his slumberous eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere, I have work." He replied to her sternly before again moving his eyes back to his laptop. He glared at her as she shut his laptop.

"Ethan, just look at yourself. You haven't shaven in days, and you haven't slept in days. Please stop doing this to yourself. Reyna never wanted to see you like this." She stared at him pleadingly.