57• The Stolen Bracelet

At night, they came to have dinner at the restaurant because Reyna wanted to go outside

"I just come, Kiddo." Cole went to the washroom after kissing her temple. She closed her eyes and a peaceful smile flashed on her face as she felt his lips brush against her skin.

She was going through the menu when her phone rang up. She took it out of her sling bag; it was Ethan's call.

"Ethan, say." She placed the phone over her ear.

"Rey... whe..." Due to network issues, his voice was unclear to her. That's why she went out of the restaurant, holding her bag, to talk to him. It had gotten dark.

"I'll come tomorrow. Bye." She hung up the call after talking to him, and then only someone came on the bike and tried to snatch her bag, but she grasped it tightly.

She tried to fight back, refusing to give him her bag because it contained a valuable item of hers, but he was stronger than her, so he won. He seized her bag and pushed her down the road. Her head hit the road, and her hand was scratched. At that time, she didn't feel any physical pain.

She immediately got up and ran behind his bike to get her bag. Tears began to stream down her cheeks mechanically because she lost the thing which was in her bag; the precious thing she wanted to keep with herself until her last breath, but now it had been stolen from her, and the pain was killing her from within.

She slumped down on the road and wept.

Cole came outside searching for her and his eyes dilated in horror as he saw her miserable condition. He dashed over to her and knelt in front of her. His heart ached as he saw blood oozing out of her forehead and scratches on her arms. After seeing her in this condition, he felt as if someone had stabbed a knife into his heart.

"Who did this, Kiddo?" He asked her in a serious tone, clasping her face. He was enraged and wanted to rip the soul out of the person who had hurt his kiddo. If he did find that person, he would not leave him at any cost.

She looked at him with her moist eyes. "They stole my bag, Cole." She sobbed, placing her head on his chest. Her sobs shattered his heart into a million pieces, and he was furious at the person who had hurt his kiddo.

'Cole, put your anger aside and first console her; she needs you.' He composed himself after a long sigh. He was able to control his anger for the first time because he could do anything for his kiddo.

"It was just a bag, Baby. Why are you crying so much about it?" He asked her concernedly, rubbing her back; he had no idea what was in her bag.

She raised her head from his chest. "Cole," she hiccuped, "there was the-the bracelet inside it which you gifted me on our first night." She again rested her head on his chest and whimpered fretfully.