75• Coma?

Cole was seated, holding her hand, his eyes full of remorse locked on her, and with every breath, he prayed to God to wake her up

"Just shut up, I don't fucking want to hear your voice." Flashes of his cruel behaviour were repeatedly flashing in front of his eyes, and he was drowning in the pool of guilt.

"Please wake up, slip your hands into my jacket pockets. I promise I'll never stop you from doing this. Please just wake up, I'm sorry." His chest became heavy with pain and guilt, and he apologised as he recalled how aggressively he was trying to take her hands out of his pockets, and she wasn't ready to give up on him.

"Please forgive me." He sobbed, burying his face in her hand.

When he raised his head from her hand after a few minutes, his eyes widened as they fell on a tattoo on the side of her ring finger; Cole's name was inked with a heart.

Fresh tears streamed down his cheeks, and a sob escaped from his mouth. He gazed at her with immense affection and guilt.

"How much you love me and what I did in my anger with you. " He uttered in pain and guilt.

Flashback

Cole was trying to wind up his work in the office because he wanted to go back home and meet his kiddo. He was engrossed in his laptop when his phone rang. When he saw her name flashing on the screen, he immediately picked up the phone with a smile on his face.

"Cole, when are you coming? I have a surprise for you. So come soon." She excitedly told him, caressing the tattoo with a smile on her face.

"You're making it more difficult for me to work in the office, Kiddo."

"So don't work in the office." She tittered after saying this.

"You know that if it wasn't so important, I would have stayed with you twenty-four hours."

"I know. Now, bye, because I don't want to disturb you more."

"See you soon, my love."

Flashback Over

'So about this surprise, she was talking about. She always thinks about me, and I always vent my anger at her.' He wondered, stroking the tattoo before leaning down and kissing it.

"I promise you, Kiddo. I'll do whatever you say. You wanted me to forgive my mother. I'll forgive her, but please just wake up. Give me one last chance please." He begged, staring at her with his sorrowful eyes. He was ready to do anything, but he just wanted her to come back.

***

The whole twenty-four hours, he spent begging her to wake up and apologising to her, sitting beside her, clasping her hand, but to his dismay, she didn't wake up. It seems as if God didn't want his punishment to end.