20•Mystery

She'd been lying on her bed like a lifeless soul for two hours, staring at the ceiling with no expression on her face

She'd been lying on her bed like a lifeless soul for two hours, staring at the ceiling with no expression on her face. She didn't understand why Diana had betrayed her or why Cole had given her false hope. She was going insane, pondering about all of this. She was irreparably damaged.

She returned to earth when she heard a knock on the door. She got out of bed and lumbered towards the door.

"What happened, Barbie?" Ella inquired concernedly as Reyna opened the door.

Reyna just looked at her with a deadpan expression on her face.

"Ella, I just don't want to talk to anybody right now. Please, leave me alone." She said it without any emotion.

"At least tell me what's the matter, Reyna. You're terrifying me." As Ella placed her hand on Reyna's shoulder, suddenly anger possessed her. She scowled at Ella and jerked away her hand, making her eyes widen in shock.

She snarled, "just show your fake concern somewhere else." Ella was taken aback by her words, and she looked at her in disbelief because Reyna was acting this way with her for the first time. She had no idea Diana had betrayed her trust so brutally.

"Why are you so upset with me, Reyna? Did I do something wrong?" Ella asked her, distraught.

"No, you didn't, but right now I can't trust anyone. Everyone thinks it's very easy to dupe me because I'm so naive." Fresh tears streamed down her cheeks as she spoke.

"What are you saying, Reyna? Is it related to Cole?" As Ella took Cole's name, images of Cole and Diana hugging each other flashed through her mind, causing her to flare up and lose her mind.

"I just fucking don't want to talk to anybody. Nobody is trustworthy in this world, just get lost from here." She screamed and slammed the door in Ella's face. She wasn't feeling anything except pain, therefore she couldn't see that she was hurting Ella without her fault.

She became hysterical and cried her heart aloud, leaning against the door after slumping down on the floor. It was hurting her so much like something was breaking inside her.