30• I love you

She was calling him constantly, roaming outside of the college, but he wasn't responding to her, and this was causing her tremendous pain

My Kiddo: He hugged me. What was my fault? Please, come back.

After an hour, he finally answered her call. "I don't want to talk to you right now; do you not understand that?" Mechanically, tears streamed down her cheeks as he yelled at her. She could bear anything in this world except his rage.

"Cole," before she could say something, he disconnected the call. He had no clue that, because of his anger, he was hurting his kiddo without any fault of hers.

"I have to pacify him anyhow because I just can't afford to lose him." She murmured, wiping off her tears.

She booked a cab and reached his apartment in no time. Her face hung down as she found his apartment was locked.

"Cole, please talk to me. I can't take your anger, it hurts me. Please, come back. I'm waiting at your place." While sobbing, she sent him a voice note via WhatsApp.

She sat outside his apartment and silently cried, hugging her knees against her chest. She didn't like it when he shouted at her. She was counting every second as if she were being punished.

***

Cole came to the club with Ethan to unwind. He was avoiding Reyna because he didn't want to hurt her with his anger and frustration.

When he got better, he listened to her voice message while walking out of the club, and he felt a sudden pang of guilt as he heard her sob.

"Fuck! She was crying, and I was ignoring her without any fault of hers. She called me so many times. Why the fuck do I hurt her always?" He chided himself before calling her. He became concerned because her phone was coming switched off.

"I just hope she is fine." He prayed and rushed to his apartment after sitting astride his bike.

He parked the bike and his eyes dilated in horror as he saw Reyna lying unconscious outside of his house. He dashed to her and knelt beside her, anxiousness etched on every line of his face.