53• The Secret Box

"Shit! Cole, you have to hide

"Shit! Cole, you have to hide. It must be Ethan." She kicked him in the same way as she had done before, and he fell onto the floor.

"Fuck! Why, why does he have to come now? And why does this girl always kick me like that? She looks like a baby, but she kicks like a hulk, my poor bum!" He cried out like a child, rubbing his buttocks.

"Sorry." She mouthed, showing him her hands, and asking him to open them while Ethan was constantly knocking.

"Ethan, I'm in the bathroom. Give me a minute." She gave him an excuse.

Cole stood up, hurriedly opened her hands, and kissed her knuckles before hiding under the bed, picking up his belt and tie.

She wore her top inside out in a hurry and rushed to open the door.

"Why did it take you so long?" He paused when he noticed that she was wearing the top in the wrong way.

"I-I was in the washroom." She stammered, fiddling with her ring.

"And what exactly were you doing in the washroom?" As Ethan asked, pointing at her top, Reyna's eyes widened, and under the bed, Cole's brows narrowed in confusion.

'Why is he questioning me like that? Is he doubting me?" She wondered. 

"W-what type of question is this, Ethan?" Reyna asked, looking around.

Ethan realised what he asked and asked again, "I meant what were you doing that you came out weaning the top inside out." He laughed, making her sigh in relief.

"Such a kiddo!" Cole muttered under his breath, shaking his head after knowing she was wearing the top in the wrong way. He hissed as his head hit the bed when he shook his head.

She answered him, "you're laughing at me? I only came in a hurry because of you. I was about to take a bath when you started knocking on the door so loudly that I hurriedly changed back into the same clothes."

"Wow! Reyna, you're so smart." When she saw Ethan's face become convinced, she mentally praised herself for coming up with such an amazing excuse.

"God, if she reacts this way, Ethan will surely come to know," Cole murmured under his breath and controlled his laugh with great difficulty.

"Well, I wanted to check if you were fine because I went without seeing you yesterday," Ethan said, lovingly caressing her head.

She smiled. "See, I'm perfectly fine."

"Yeah, and you're glowing. What made you glow so brightly?" As Ethan asked teasingly, her eyes widened a bit in shock.

"Glowing? Oh yeah, it must be the face serum I'm using." She answered quickly.

"Ethan, you don't know it's the magic of my love that your sister is glowing," Cole murmured to himself, smiling.