"K!" Kurt shouts. 

I jump and stare at him in confusion. "Why'd you yell at me?"

"Sorry. I was trying to talk to you and you weren't answering."

I point to the poster of their album cover. "I was staring at that."

Kurt smiles. "Do you like it?"

"It would've been better if it was you," I smirk at him and shrug my shoulders. 

"I'm glad you came," He leans down and kisses me. "God, I'm in love with you."

"I sure hope so!" I joke, nudging his shoulder slightly. "Let's go over to your friends."

I grab him by the hand and run over to Krist, Shelli, and Dave. Krist turns to us and points at us, laughing obnoxiously. 

"He's drunk," Shelli rolls his eyes. 

I try to look at his physical appearance to see if there's anything that could tell me that he's drunk. I've never seen anyone drunk before-besides my father-so this will be something new. 

Dave starts gawking at Krist and pointing. That only excites Krist more as he continues to laugh. I stare at them, embarrassed to even be seen with them. I look around, but no one's paying attention to us, so I feel more relaxed. 

"You guys are too much," Shelli shakes her head like she's the mother and Dave and Krist are her two kids. 

"I'm going to go get a refill," Kurt tells me in my ear and walks off. 

"Do you want a drink?" Shelli offers her cup to me. 

I shake my head. Even though I'm legally not allowed to drink, I've promised myself that I would never drink. Not after what my father did to me while he was drunk. "No thank you."

"Why not?" Shelli raises her eyebrow. 

"I'm not old enough," I partially lie. 

Kurt returns with more beer in his cup. He chugs it down in a manner of five minutes, no problem, and then goes back for more. 

I've never seen him like this before. He has never really drank alcohol when I'm around him. He seems to be more open and out of his comfort zone. 

The only thing that I'm worried about is if he were to get mad at me. I would never think that Kurt would hurt me, but I used to think that way when I was a little girl staying with my father. 

I don't want to take any chances. So I try my best to stay out of his way and not piss him off. 

"Fuck this song!" Dave groans. 

"Let's ask him to change it!" Krist jumps up out of his chair, punching the air with his fist. 

Kurt follows Krist and Dave up to the DJ booth. I take a seat next to Shelli and stare at them walking away. 

"He really loves you," Shelli says. 

"Hm?" I ask, facing her. 

"Kurt. He really loves you. I've seen him with other girls, but nothing compares to the way he looks at you or treats you. He's so gentle with you."

"It's probably because of my past," I quickly say. I don't know why I'm trying to shut down the idea of him really loving me. I might be doing it because Ethan used to treat me so well, yet he still fell out of love with me. 

I would never want that to happen with Kurt.

"They changed it!" Krist exclaims as they walk back. 

Kurt is giggling up a storm and comes up behind me, wrapping an arm around me.