Can I marry your daughter

Thor walked beside his brother, "Are you nervous?"
Loki tried to look contrite, "I've nothing to be nervous about..."
Thor chuckled, "So... That isn't mother's ring in your pocket?"
Loki sighed, "If you must know... I plan on speaking with Dolly's father about marrying her."
Thor grinned and clapped his brother's shoulder, "I am happy for you brother. Lady Dolly is quite a woman."
Loki gave a small grin, "I can only hope her father agrees."
----------------------------------------
Dolly hummed as Steve chopped veggies for the salad, "Are you happy princess?"
Dolly looked and smiled, "Very." She hugged her second father, "Thanks for helping with dinner tonight. I know we've had family dinners with Thor and Loki before, but the whole team was there and this feels... I dunno special."
Steve kissed her temple, "Any day with you is special."
Dolly chuckled and went back to stirring the pot on the stove, "You have to say that you're my family."
Steve watched her and remembered the day Bucky brought her home.
An under weight baby with soulful eyes and a heart full of love.
Steve turned to the onion he was chopping blaming them for the tears in his eyes.
----------------------------------------
Bucky answered the door, "Loki; Thor come in Doll said it was going to be a few more minutes."
Thor smiled as Nat came in the room, "Hey guys Dolly and Steve sent out some hors d'oeuvres."
Loki nodded, "Sargent... May I speak with you privately?"
Thor snatched a capicilo wrapped cheese stick and winked at Nat who smiled.
Bucky sighed, "Alright... The patio should give us some."
Loki stood side by side Bucky, "I... I love Dolly very much... I am aware many still view me as-"
Bucky cut him off, "I know what it feels like; people judging you for your past... I know how much Dolly loves and cared for you Loki."
Loki smiled, "Yes... I suppose we have that in common."
They were quiet a long while before Loki cleared his throat, "I want to spend the rest of my life making Dolly happy. I want to ask her to marry me."
Bucky leaned against the wall, "She wants to teach... How do you feel about that."
Loki shrugged, "It's a nobel profession. I think she'll be a great asset to any school."
Bucky cornered him, "You ever hurt her... I will make sure to end you and make it permanent."
Loki grinned, "I have your blessing?"
Bucky hugged him, "Just make her happy and love her."
"I promise." Loki smiled.