《Yasmin》Nightmare Assassins

Nightmare Assassins by kth_disneyfanatic

Reviewer: Yasmin Owls1221

Title: 8/10

To be honest, the title is unique and it makes you curious to know what is meant by ‘Nightmare Assassins’. However, I have to admit that it kinda distracted me due to the word used. You see, it’s a cool idea that those ‘assassins’ go on missions to fight nightmares, but the word assassin is used somewhat incorrectly. An assassin is a person who is paid to kill certain people, and so in your story I got the idea that the main characters are getting paid by someone to kill these nightmares and not ‘fight’ them. And not just kill them directly, assassins usually do their job undercover. So overall, if you're writing about people fighting nightmares, I suggest you use ‘fighters’ for example or ‘warriors’ or any other word that means fight, not kill.

Cover: 6/10

At first I thought it was an original story, but upon a closer look at the cover I discovered it’s a disney fanfiction, specifically Frozen as stated in the summary (obviously).  And it’s not bad since the main characters are about to uncover their past, hence the picture of Elsa and Anna going to the unknown. What gives it great imagery  is the subtitle on the cover, indicating that you added more than just going to the unknown, they’re going there to ‘annihilate fear’. Although, I have to point out that even though it gives you an idea on how the characters are going to face their challenges from a metaphorical perspective, it’s still just a picture from frozen 2 with your own title. Which is kinda not that eye-catching nor very gripping, and it’s telling the readers right away that this is a fanfiction story when they browse books on wattpad.

Summary: 8/10

The summary is really good and brief, in fact very brief and it easily gives the reader an idea of what your story is about. However, it just lacked a very small amount of context when I read the last part of the summary. Join forces with who? And who is the Nightmare King? He wasn't mentioned before in the beginning of the summary. So just add a little more context of how the characters came to know the king to stop him.

Grammar: 10/10

There was nothing wrong with the use of grammar so everything in this section is alright.

Vocabulary: 9/10

There was good use of vocabulary too, it was just that there were some words that kept repeating but not a lot. For example Crystal kept saying her mother is a dignified person rather than using a synonym for the word dignified. But again, there weren't a lot of repeated words.

Spelling: 10/10

There are no mistakes in spelling other than accidental ones, there were very few of them and they didn’t affect my reading.

Hook: 6/10

I think what hooked me the most in the book is the vibes honestly, to be Nightmare Assassins and venture into the night underneath the stars, it’s atmospheric to me. Other than that I don’t think there are other things that grabbed my attention and that’ll be explained in the plot and personal enjoyment section as one.

Character Development: 7/10

I like that there are small or subtle changes in Crystal’s character, from being scared to gaining confidence in finding her parents when she takes the role as the moon spirit. But there are things I would like to talk about that relates to the plot and I don’t want to repeat it in every section sooo… I’ll explain the, probably, biggest flaw of the book in one section.