"What the hell happened?" I asked

"I told you, I need stitches"

"Did your dad do this?" I asked looking at his bruised and bloody face

"Who else" JJ replied drily

I went to the bathroom and dug out a first aid kit and I grabbed a towel. I came back and did my best to wipe the blood up with the towel. I lifted up his shirt and there was a huge gash in his skin.

I cleaned the wound and he was swearing the whole time due to the pain. I did my best with the stitches and he was bitching and complaining the whole time.

I cleaned the cuts on his face and applied ice to some of the bruises. His clothes were fully covered in blood and I took his shirt off him and went to unbutton his shorts and he said, "Wow, didn't realize I'm getting VIP treatment"

"I'm your dreams" I said taking his shorts off and bringing the clothes and towels to the washer

His boxers were also full of blood that had dropped down. I told him to go change in his room and bring me his boxers out. He stood there and took his underwear off right in front of me. I tried not to look, but I noticed some severe bruising on his right hip bone. I also noticed him getting hard. This was so awkward

"It's not a big deal, I mean we are technically married" He said

I started laundry and JJ walked to his room to get new clothes. I was still in my dress from my date. JJ came back out and he tossed me a pair of joggers and a t-shirt. I was scrubbing the floor to get the blood out.

I went in the bathroom to clean his blood off of me and change into the clothes JJ gave me. I went back into JJ's room and sat on the edge of his twin bed. I lifted his shirt slightly to re-check his wounds. His stitches looked good and the bleeding had stopped.

I looked at JJ and his eyes were full of tears. I didn't want to do this but I didn't want to leave him alone either. I laid down next to him and I rested my head on his shoulder and so curled up next to him.

"You don't have to do this" He said

"I know, but I can't leave you alone like this and I promised in sickness and in health" I said thinking back to our wedding

JJ opened up to me about the fight and it sounded brutal. He was crying and I started crying with him. He said Luke left and wouldn't be back for a few days.

I laid there in bed with him and tonight, it was like we were back in high school or newlyweds. We both fell asleep and the next morning, I woke up before JJ and his bedroom door was slammed open. Luke was there and he practically yanked me out of bed.

I looked at Luke and told him, "Fuck off"

He shoved me against the wall and I punched him. I didn't mean to hit him hard but his nose started bleeding. JJ yanked Luke to the floor and started throwing punches at him.

"Don't ever fucking touch her" JJ screamed as Luke passed out

JJ looked at me and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine" I said as JJ grabbed his backpack and my hand and we left the house

He got into my car and I said, "Thank you for that"

"Anytime" He said

I didn't know where to go, so I drove to my house where I lived with a few roommates who were also nurses. JJ and I went up to my room and he laid in my bed. He looked so broken and hurt. I know we fight all the time but I felt so bad for him. I wish I could take his pain away.

He stayed with me for two days and he was super sore from the stitches and bruising. He was going to go back home and I said, "J, you can't go back to him. You still have stitches and your bruises need to heal. J, if he hits you again in those same areas it could cause internal bleeding and then you'd have to go to the hospital. Please just stay here with me"

"Kie, I can't just stay here with you. If your boyfriend found out, he would do the same thing my dad would. At least with my dad, I'm used to it. Can you just text me when I need the stitches out and I'll come over"

I tried to get him to stay, but he made his mind up. He went back home and I worried about him. My boyfriend came over and I broke up with him. It just felt so wrong to date someone when I was legally married to JJ. We had filed for a divorce but it was expensive and we were waiting for papers to sign and then we had to pay lawyers to do all the legal shit.

I didn't hear from JJ for a few days and so I went over to Luke's house pretty late one night. It has been ten days since I did the stitches on him and it was time to take them out. Thankfully, Luke wasn't home and JJ was. We went into his bedroom and he locked the door and moved his dresser in front of the door.

"I'm not taking any chances with him coming home, especially with you here" He said super protective

He laid down on his bed and I lifted up his shirt. His bruising had gotten better and the stitches were ready to come out. I carefully took the stitches out, but they were going to leave a scar as the gash was pretty big. I finished removing them all and JJ looked at the wounds. He covered himself with a blanket and he wouldn't look at me.

"I promise that the scars will continue to heal and fade over time"

"Whatever" He said under his breath

I realized this was bothering him and I'm guessing it's because he didn't want everyone to see the scars knowing they came from Luke. JJ was always super embarrassed by the abuse from his dad. It's not something he ever talked to anyone about besides me.

I finished cleaning up and I was getting ready to leave when JJ asked, "Kie, stay with me... Please"

I looked back at him and I couldn't say no. I went and laid down next to him and he fell asleep pretty fast. I was lightly playing with his hair and that's when I noticed he was wearing a necklace. I carefully pulled it out from under his shirt and it was our wedding rings. They were super cheap and simple. I gave mine to JJ years ago and told him to go fuck himself and that we were over. Tears were building up in my eyes. I didn't know he still had them, let alone wear them. I mean, it's been four years

He opened his eyes slightly and I whispered, "I still love you, J and I always will"

His eyes fully opened and a small smile appeared on his face. He looked into my eyes and whispered back, "I'll always love you, Kiara Anna Maybank"

Hearing him call me that, sent shivers down my spine. I was his wife. I've been his wife for six years. My thoughts were interrupted by him kissing me. I pulled back instantly and looked into his eyes before I crashed my lips back into his.

We had sex for the first time in four years. I've missed him so much. It was like every fight we ever had never happened. I laid in his arms and he removed his necklace and took off the two rings. He put my ring back on and he did the same with his.

I fell asleep in his arms that night and when I woke up the next morning we got busy moving JJ out of Luke's house and into my house with my roommates. We were going to look for our own place, but that was going to take some time.

Tonight, we were going to the Chateau to tell our friends that we were back together. We arrived together and John B said, "Uh oh, you two showing up here together can't be good"

JJ wasted no time telling them. He had the biggest smile on his face and he said, "Kie and I are finally back together"

He kissed me and our friends were so happy for us. I was so happy for us. I finally had the love of my life back and I couldn't wait to build a life together.

Sarah smiled and said, "See, that saying is true if you love someone let them go and if they come back then it was meant to be"