As naive as I was, without asking what she meant by that or what she had in mind I immediately nodded at her.

"Then kill her," the girl shortly demanded and my eyebrows quirked in surprise as Sunghoon's lips parted and he sucked in a sharp breath, "she loves you, so kill her."

"I'm supposed to have someone who loves me to lift the curse," Sunghoon reminded as I stared at him, "I can't kill her."

"I'll lift the curse if you kill her," the girl shortly spoke, "kill her. Now."

Sunghoon let out a small shaky breath as his eyes darted to look at me for a second before he looked back down at the ground in front of him again.

"That's fine," I hummed and reached over to pull his dagger from his belt.

I calmly stepped in front of him, in between the girl and him. I grabbed his cold hand and shoved the dagger into his grip as his eyes slowly looked up and into mine.

"Kill me," I urged and he just stared at me before slowly shaking his head, "kill me Sunghoon."

"I can't kill you," he whispered quietly, "I can't Soomin..."

I let out a deep sigh as I grabbed his hand and forced it to angle so that the tip of the dagger pointed right towards my solar plexus. Sunghoon glanced down at his hand, which was shaking in my hold. Once he looked back up at me again I gave him a small smile and nodded.

"Kill me Sunghoon... for your own sake," I whispered and he quietly wet his lips.

"I can't kill you Soo," he whispered quietly as he continued to shake his head.

"You don't love me, so it won't hurt," I reminded with a small smile.

"But I adore you," he corrected and carefully tugged a lock of my hair over behind my ear, letting his hand drop so that his thumb could caress my cheek and carefully cupped it with his hand, "so so much."

"Kill me Hoon," I whispered and he shook his head, the dagger angling back down towards the ground, "it's fine. Just kill me."

Sunghoon just sent me a small smile before shaking his head once again, carefully pulling me closer to him and eventually kissing my lips softly. He didn't pull his face away after the kiss, instead he just stood still with closed eyes for a few seconds after our lips disconnected.

"Don't make me do this, please," Sunghoon whispered quietly as I carefully grabbed his hand and the dagger once again, "Soo, please."

"Kill me Hoon," I repeated and his eyebrows furrowed as I placed the tip of the dagger back on my solar plexus.

"I would appreciate for it to be now," the girl called out and Sunghoon quickly pressed his lips against mine again.

His hand that had cupped my cheek went over to grab onto my nape, pulling my face closer to his, as the dagger kept a distance between our bodies. It almost felt like he was desperate, from the way that his lips moved against mine.

"Hoon," I whimpered as I pushed him a bit away.

"No, let me," he whispered desperately, keeping his eyes fixated on my lips as he pulled slightly away and opened his eyes, "let me kiss them," he whispered and looked back up at my eyes, "please."

"Sunghoon you need to kill me," I almost begged by now, "please, please, please, kill me."

"What if I refuse to kill her?" Sunghoon called out to the girl, while his hand on my nape stayed still.

"I won't lift the curse," the girl replied in a taunting tone.

"How can you not lift the curse?" he sneered at her, "she loves me and I wish for nothing more than to love her back, but your curse is evil and hinders me from doing so. You gave me a curse that has no solution but death for someone."

"What do you want me to do?" the girl chuckled coldly, almost as if it actually wasn't amusing to her.

"Another week, give me another week," Sunghoon urged, "and let the curse easen so that I have the ability to fall in love. If I don't fall in love with her, you can kill me after the week. But you can't give me unfair cicumstances to this curse."

"What do I get from it?" the girl continued.

"A definitive promise," Sunghoon replied, "if I don't fall in love within that week, you can kill me and I'll let my soul come back to this island and let you do whatever you want with me."

"Whatever I want?" the girl questioned and Sunghoon immediately nodded as his fingers carefully massaged my nape, "whatever I want..." she trailed off with a small hum.

I stood silently with Sunghoon's hand held in both of mine. I quietly stared straight ahead at my locket that still hung around his neck. If I was careful and subtle enough I would be able to kill myself without Sunghoon noticing, but as long as he held the dagger it must be counting as him killing me.

I quietly closed my eyes and slowly let myself lean more and more against the dagger, letting it dig into my chemise before breaking through the thin fabric and coming in contact with my bare skin. Ice cold blade.