36• My Kiddo, My Healer

Start from the beginning

"It's just you and me tonight." He moved closer to her face, tightening his grip on her hands and making her breathe heavier. She was gazing at him and her heartbeat was quickening with anticipation. Their lips were only a few inches apart, and they were desperate to feel each other's lips.

But his phone rang before their lips could even touch. He backed away, shaking his head, and she sulked, cursing the person who had called Cole and ruined their romance.

When he pulled the phone out of his jeans pocket, he scowled at the caller ID. Infuriated, he hung up the call and kept the phone in his pocket.

Her brow furrowed in perplexity, and she wondered, 'Why did he become angry all of a sudden? And whose call was it? I just can't see him in anger.'

"What happened, Cole?" She concernedly asked him, placing her hand on his arm.

"Nothing." He shook his head and held her hand. "Let's go to the room."

"At least let me know whose call it was," She gave him a beseeching look.

He signed and answered, "it was Dad's call."

"Why did you cut it?" She asked him instantly.

"Because he isn't important to me." He answered her in an angry tone.

"Cole,"

"Please I'm not in the mood to talk about him. Could we go to the room?" He asked in a stern tone.

"Okay." She gave him a slight nod, and they ascended upstairs.

She didn't persuade him to tell her about his father because she wanted him to open up to her on his own; she never wanted to put pressure on him in any way.

"You go inside, and I'll just come back." He said this as they approached in front of her room's door.

"Why did he cut the call of his father? I want to know." She wondered as she entered the room with a sad pout.

He stepped into Ethan's room and took out a cigarette and lighter from the drawer before returning to Reyna's room. He sat beside her on the bed and put the cigarette in his mouth. She glared at him, and before he could light the cigarette, she snatched it from his mouth and placed it in her mouth.

He raised his brows surprisingly at her, then moved the lighter towards the cigarette, intensely gazing into her intoxicating eyes, she looked into his eyes with the same intensity. He lit the lighter and moved towards himself, smiling mischievously. As she drew closer to light the cigarette, he turned off the lighter and kissed her cheek, placing his hand on her face. She smiled as he sucked her cheek.

He just loved to suck her cheek.

She took the cigarette out of her mouth and hurled it before cupping his face and sucking his lips hard. He yanked her to himself by grabbing her waist and began passionately kissing her. They were kissing each other as if their lives depended solely on it.

He was attempting to alleviate his pain with this kiss. He bit her lower lip roughly and tightened his grip on her waist by digging his nail into her skin.

He deepened the kiss by yanking her hair with his other hand, and then bit her upper lip, causing her to moan in his mouth. He wasn't giving her a chance to kiss him back; it was a pure dominating kiss as if he was venting his rage on her lips, but she was enjoying this rough kiss, and she just wanted to make her man feel better anyhow.

He broke the kiss after becoming breathless. "You no longer need to smoke to relieve stress and pain, Cole, because I'm here for you." She whispered against his lips, gazing into his eyes and stroking his stubbles with profound love.

He was always in awe of her devotion to him and considered himself fortunate to have her in his life. He never wanted to lose this precious girl because she had become the peace of his heart.

"You're now my healer, my love." He softly and chastely kissed her lips.
"My kiddo." He placed a kiss on her forehead before pulling her in his arms and kissing her head.

"Okay, now I just come after changing the clothes." She spoke as she rose to her feet from the bed.

He just nodded, and she went to the washroom.

***

She stepped out of the washroom and saw him, sitting lost in thought, and she could see some kind of pain in his eyes.

'I have to do something to cheer him up because I just can't see him upset.' She wondered, staring at him concernedly.

"Cole, do you know which is my favourite place in my room?" She asked him, drawing his attention to herself.

"Which place?" He questioned, raising his brows.

She walked over to her swing-hanging chair and settled down. "This, my swing chair. You know I could stay here for hours." She swayed slightly, bringing a smile to his face.

"I spend half of my time here and enjoy writing while seated on it." He was completely mesmerised by her cuteness and sweet voice as she excitedly told him while making cute faces.

'I always wonder how she manages to look so adorable every time. She is my little cutie pie. She knows very well how to make me happy.' He was completely absorbed in her.

He leaned in and place a tender kiss on her forehead, and she closed her eyes and smiled contentedly. Every kiss he gave her on the forehead reached her soul.

"And do you know which my favourite spot is?" He inquired, lifting his brows at her.

"Which?"

He knelt in front of her and placed his head on her lap. "This is my favourite spot. I can spend here my whole life." She smiled and ran her fingers through his hair before moving down and kissing his head. They could stay in this position for the rest of their lives.

 They could stay in this position for the rest of their lives