Chapter 90: Thank You

7 years later●

So much time has passed since I arrived at Konoha. It's crazy how long it has been and what all I've been through.

It's been seven years since I found out I was pregnant and it's been four years since the Fourth Shinobi War. A lot has happened over the course of time. Chunin exams, Lord Third's death, Orochimaru, Tsunade's return, Sasuke's leave, Naruto going off to train, the Akatsuki, the hunt for the jinchuriki, and more. Seeing Obito's face was hard but seeing those you knew resurrected was even more difficult to deal with.

The War was hard for everyone. I would know cause I was there.

"Mama!" I hear a call and I sat up in bed feeling a bit groggy.

I hear the sound of feet running against the floor and then suddenly tackled by a small force.

"Kaji!" I scolded as I fell back onto the bed holding him. "Calm down."

My son Kaji is seven. He has black hair like his father and lime green eyes like me. He was born around the time Naruto left for his training with Master Jiraiya. Naruto was definitely excited to meet his nephew upon his return. Kaji is filled with endless energy just like his father. Up at early hours and racing around the house.

"Ma! I want to train with Dad's team today! Please!" Kaji begged.

"It's your day off from the academy and you want to train?" I questioned and began to sit up, hugging my son. "Stop growing up."

"Moooooooom," he whined.

I chuckled and then peppered his face with kisses. He made a face and tried to push me away. I eventually let him escape my hold and got up to check on someone else.

I walked into a room decorated with several flowers and stuffed animals. I sat down on a small bed next to where a small figure laid.

"Kori," I spoke softly.

"Mmmm. Is morning?" a small voice spoke.

Soon, the small figure began to sit up, rubbing her tired eyes. I smiled at how cute she was. She had beautiful brown hair and dark grey eyes.

Kori is my daughter. My second child. We had her after the war ended and she's about three now. I had originally wanted another child sooner, but with the war arising, I had no choice but to help Konoha.

"Yes. It's morning," I told her. "You hungry?"

Kori nodded eagerly and I smiled, picking her up in my arms as I carried her to the kitchen. My children were my pride and joy. I never thought I would be a mother, but thanks to someone that all changed.

I set Kori down on the counter as I began to prepare some things for breakfast. Kaji soon began to dart through the kitchen, packed fill of energy as always.

"Kaji Hatake! Slow down!" I told him.

"Slow down!" Kori copied me and I smiled in amusement.

He stuck his tongue out at us and I huffed.

"I may be your mother, but I'm also a very dangerous Kunoichi," I threatened. "So you better watch out."

It was as if realization hit him and he raced off. Kori giggled in amusement and I kissed her forehead as I went back to cooking. We ate breakfast together and goofed around a bit, pretending to be shinobi and taking down bandits and what not. It was very cute.

I eventually got them to settle down. Kaji was passed out on some cushions and I had Kori in my lap as we read together. I could sense several presences approaching the house. I smiled, knowing they weren't any threat.