Chapter 48: Grounded

"From this day forward you're not allowed on anymore missions," Lord Third spoke.

"WHAT?!" I yelled shocked. "So I'm grounded?! Why?!"

"It's for your own safety. If we sent you on a mission there is a more likely chance the Mist will come after you again," he explained.

"Well me being in the village didn't seem to help either," I muttered angrily.

"Which brings me to my next point. You'll be watched twenty-four seven and you'll be staying at a new house," he informed me.

"Huh....." I spoke shocked.

"Why a different house? I can watch over her myself Lord Third," Kakashi offered.

"While I think you're very capable Kakashi, it is very likely they know where she is staying in Konoha and you have an important mission coming up," he retorted and Kakashi sighed.

"Who will I be staying with then?" I asked curiously.

"Kushina Uzumaki," he replied.

"Kushina...." I murmured a bit surprised but not mad.

"And when you're at the hospital you'll be supervised by Tsunade. I assume you would go there since you now have time for plenty of medical training," he stated.

"Well yeah if I can't go on missions," I muttered in annoyance. "What about training with my comrades?"

"Hmmmmm. No," Lord Hokage finalized.

I stood there dumbfounded and then let out a sigh. Sorry Gai, looks like I won't be training with you for awhile. We then heard a knock on the door and in walked Kushina who gave a bright smile.

"Lord Third, Kakashi, Kira," she greeted happily. "I'm here to take her home."

"W-wait! What about Daiko? He's my Ninken now," I asked.

"He can stay as well if Kushina allows it," Lord third spoke.

"I have no qualms," Kushina responded with a smile. "Kakashi. If I may request, could you gather some of Kira's belongings and bring them over to my home."

Kakashi nodded and then took off to get the task done. I sighed and began to walk with Kushina to her house.

"Not that I mind staying with you, but I just wish I could train with my friends and go on missions," I commented sadly as I stared at the ground while we walked.

Kushina lightly ruffled my hair.

"You still have medical training and your friends can always come by," she explained.

"True...." I murmured. "Thank you for letting me stay at your home."

"You're always welcome," she replied as we soon arrived.

I was led to my room and I looked around. It was like any other room basically. There was a knock at the front door and I went to go see. Kushina answered it and there stood Kakashi in Minato.

"I decided I'd help Kakashi since I was on my way here anyway," Minato said to Kushina as he entered the household. "Where is our guest?"

I peaked my head out and gave a small smile, which he returned.

"Thank you for ummm...Saving me Minato Sensei," I spoke, referring to the previous kidnapping.

"No problem," Minato replied happily.

"You know I helped as well," Kakashi stated and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I already thanked you the other day!" I retorted.

"Mmm. I don't remember," he replied with a shrug.

Minato and Kushina laughed in amusement at the two of us as we argued. I eventually got my things and settled into my room. I took out my most precious possessions first, the pictures. It made me happy whenever I looked at all of them. I then pulled out a red scarf that was about half way finished.

"Well, I guess I have more time to finish this now too," I commented.

I heard a small knock on the door before someone entered and I looked over to see Kakashi. I then watched as a white blur raced in as well, jumping at me. I smiled and immediately began to pet Daiko before her settled onto the bed.

"Are you settled in?" He asked softly.

I nodded and we both stood there in silence. I then moved over and reached out, pulling Kakashi into an embrace. He returned it immediately and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you...for everything," I murmured.

"Of course. You're my sister," Kakashi replied before pulling away and ruffling my hair.

I shook my head and then chuckled. I saw Kakashi out and waved goodbye as he left before turning away.

"Kira. Dinner will be done soon," Kushina called.

"Okay," I responded and then began to make my way there.

What surprised me was that Minato Sensei was still here and was helping Kushina. I went over and took some dishes, beginning to set the table. As I listened to their banter, it dawned on me. Oh....They're together.

I smiled a bit and then felt a hand on my head. I looked up and saw Minato standing beside me. He gave me a closed eyed smile and I chuckled in amusement.

"Sorry if it seems I'm intruding, but this is technically my house as well," Minato explained to me and I nodded.

"I figured," I replied softly and he gave a small laugh.

"It's another reason Lord Third suggested you live here," he commented as he went to help Kushina bring over the food.

"That makes sense," I said and then raced over to help as well.

We all eventually sat down and ate our dinner together. It was nice. It kinda felt like we were a family of sorts. It made me think about the times Kakashi, father, and I all sat down for dinner when we were younger. I missed those days.

"Kira. Are you okay?" Kushina asked worriedly. "You seem a bit saddened. Is the food not to your liking?"

"Ah! Uh sorry. No the food is delicious!" I declared as I became flustered with embarrassment. "I just......miss Sakumo..."

Minato looked over in realization and then glanced at Kushina.

"Sakumo was a wonderful shinobi and also a great father," he stated with a smile. "Both of his kids turned out to be amazing shinobi anyway."

I looked over and then smiled happily.

"Thank you."

Kira has a new family now. Yayyyyy!

Hope you're all doing well!