Chapter 69: It's Not What It Looks Like

I felt myself slowly waking up as light shined into the window. My eyelids slowly opened and I yawned. Then I realized, that was the best nights sleep I've had in weeks.

When I went to move, I felt something tighten around me. I froze and glanced over, realizing Gai was holding me in his arms. Now I was definitely awake.

My face became completely flustered. What do I do?

I slowly turned around and was now facing his chest. He shifted a bit at my movements but seemed at peace a second later. I sighed in relief, not wanting to wake him up. I glanced up at his peaceful, sleeping face and lightly chuckle. I reached up and gently ran a hand through his hair.

"This isn't what I thought I'd see this morning."

I jumped up in surprise which caused Gai to wake up as well. I looked over panicked, my eyes red and then I huffed when I saw my brother.

"Don't you know how to knock Kakashi!"  I hissed annoyed at him.

"Sorry. Didn't want to ruin the moment," he replied smugly.

"It's not what it looks like!" I argued, my face completely red.

"Hey. Now your face matches your eyes," Kakashi teased.

"Grrrrr," I grumbled.

"Oh. Morning my rival! Got time for a competition!" Gai spoke as he sat up, now completely awake.

I glared over at him annoyed and Gai flinched a bit at my gaze.

"Oh hey. Your eyes are completely red now," Gai commented and got up in my face curiously.

I panicked as his face was so close to mine, staring curiously at my eyes. I could feel heat rising in my face again and I backed up, falling off the bed. Kakashi laughed in amusement and I huffed.

"Are you alright Kira!?" Gai questioned as he stood up.

"Yeah, yeah," I responded and blinked a few times, turning off my Kekkei Genkai.

"Your eyes are green again. Wait! Did you unlock some sort of Kekkei Genkai?!" Gai asked excitedly.

I nodded.

"Yeah. I call it Blood Vision. I now can sense anyone's heartbeats from a few feet away and when I activate my eyes, I can sense the blood flow in others bodies," I explained. "I haven't trained it too much or attempted any type use for tactical reasons. This power is a bit much. I accidently caused Kotetsu harm when I returned....."

"I believe you can tame this power Kira," Gai declared confidently. "If you want, we can even train together. I trust you."

"......Okay..." I replied, knowing it would probably be best to have him as my partner.

If I lose control, he would be able to stop me hopefully. Unless I stop his blood flow in rage. But I believe that even rageful me wouldn't dare do that to Gai.

"Kira. I need to talk to Gai. You should go wake Naruto and make breakfast," Kakashi stated.

I glanced between them and then nodded, walking off to Naruto's room. I carefully opened the door before going inside. I then sat down on the edge of his bed, smiling in amusement at his splayed out sleeping position. I lightly ran my hand through his hair, causing him to stir.

"Naruto. Time to wake up," I spoke softly. "Do you want eggs and bacon for breakfast?"

Food seemed to catch his attention and he sat up, rubbing his eyes. He nodded his head and I smiled, kissing the top of his head before heading out to the kitchen.