Chapter 64: The Worse Case Scenario

(Disclaimer: This Chapter is really long. It also contains lots of violence, blood, and sadness)

"They're here. Be ready."

"Ma'am. One of the ninja they sent. It's her."

"Perfect...."

Nari and I woke up at first light and immediately packed up our things. We raced the rest of the way there and stood at the bottom of the mountain. Above us should be where our targets are.

"What do you see Nari?" I asked.

"Byakugan!"

The veins around his face popped out more as he used his excellent sight to see above us.

"There's two guards outside the cave and there was several people inside," Nari stated.

"Can you tell if one of them is her?" I asked.

His Byakugan retracted and he looked at me, giving a small nod. "Just be ready for anything."

I nodded. "You take the one on the right. I'll go left."

We then raced off, heading up the mountain as stealthily as possible. We arrived at our destination and saw the two ninja guarding the cave. They had there headbands slashed through the symbol of their hidden village. Rouge Mist ninja. I hate the Mist.

I put the one on the left into a choke hold while Nari used his gentle fist to take care of the other quietly. Once both were knocked out, we moved inside cautiously. My eyes scanned the damp, cool walls of the cave as we moved farther in. It was getting darker the further we went but soon we came into an opening. In the middle of it, I saw a Kunoichi with blond hair and tanned skin lying on the ground.

"Emiyo Sensei," I called as I raced over to her.

I kneeled down and picked her up into a sitting position. Her eyes began to slowly open. I checked for any fatal wounds or injuries and she seemed to be fine. That's odd. I glanced over at Nari who stood behind me and he nodded, moving to guard the entrance. He did say there had been several people inside. Did they flee?

"Kira..." Emiyo spoke softly, beginning to move to stand.

I immediately helped her, gripping onto her shoulders carefully.

"You shouldn't push yourself sensei," I warned.

"You've grown so much. What has it been....Ten years now," she murmured as she lightly brushed a hand against my cheek.

"Yeah....I'm seventeen now..." I responded softly, leaning into her touch.

"You must be strong, especially strong enough for them to send you on a mission like this," she commented.

"I've learned a lot. I even trained under Princess Tsunade," I told her, smiling pridefully.

"Amazing...." she murmured and then smiled. "Kira. You should come with me to the Mist."

I blinked a few times and looked at her confused. "Huh?"

"You've grown so much. You could easily become the Mizukage even at your age now," she pointed out. "If you come with me, we can stage a coup. I know people who could help us."

"W-why?! Why would you want to go to the Mist," I spoke shocked. "They kidnapped you all those years ago didn't they.."

She stayed silent and then looked away.

"No. I went to them on my own," she responded and then smirked. "I was their agent. How else do you think I kept tabs on you?"

"W-what..." I murmured.