Chapter 65: New Threat to Konoha

It took me two days to get back to the Leaf Village. I walked the whole way. I had tried running at first but my injuries made it difficult and I barely had any chakra. So I carried Nari for two days straight. I was so tired and my body ached, but I kept going. If I could just make it.....

When I saw the gates to Konoha, I couldn't have been more grateful to be home. I didn't show it due to fatigue, but in my heart I was glad to be back. I walked through the gates and halted when I realized, where I going to go?

The hospital right? I'm going to save Nari!

I felt my body begin to shake. Part of me knew...It was already to late which is why I was hesitating to move any further into the village.

I would probably scare people in this state. A messy, bloodied up person who is carrying another bloodied body on her back.

"Kira...."

I was pulled from my thoughts and looked up to see who called me.

"Izumo....Kotetsu..." I spoke, recognizing my friends and fellow shinobi.

I should've figured they be by the gates. They're always there.

"Kira.....You're....covered in blood," Izumo spoke worriedly.

He then looked to Kotetsu, taking notice of Nari on my back as well.

"I'm fine....I'm just a bit tired," I lied and readjusted my stance as I felt Nari slipping from my back.

"Kira. Could you just take a knee please and set down Nari?" Kotetsu asked as he approached me.

"Uhhhhhhh," I murmured nervously as I backed away.

"You're in no state to keep walking," Izumo pointed out.

"No! I can keep walking! I can make it!" I declared and went to walk off.

Izumo and Kotetsu both glanced at each other and nodded. I looked at them warily and went to back up more. Suddenly Kotetsu disappeared. I panicked and glanced behind to see him reappear and lung for me. I went to stop him, but Izumo grabbed my arm.

"Wait! Stop!" I shouted as I then felt Nari's body pulled from my grasp. "No!"

Izumo restrained me while Kotetsu looked over Nari.

"He's dead...." Kotetsu murmured sadly.

"No! I can still save him! I swear!" I fought against Izumo's grasp.

"Kira! Pull yourself together!" Izumo shouted.

My eyes narrowed and I threw my head back, hitting him in the face. I then jumped up, running to where Kotetsu and Nari's body was.

Kotetsu stood up, moving to stop me. I went to throw a punch but he grabbed my hand. I had no strength since it only made sense I couldn't do shit right now. Kotetsu grabbed my arms to restrain myself from going any further.

"Kira. You're in a safe place and your comrade is dead. Can't you let him rest," Kotetsu scolded.

"I can save him! You're in the way!" I yelled in anger.

Kotetsu's eyes widened and his body began to shake.

"Kotetsu!" Izumo called.

Kotetsu lost his grip on me as he fell to the ground. I just stood their staring at him. That strange feeling was rushing through my blood again. The strange chakra. What was this?!

"Kira!" Izumo yelled as he grabbed me.

I turned around and his eyes widened.

"Your eyes!" He spoke in shock and fear.