Chapter 70: Hotspring Thoughts

Years passed since that incidental day. I was now twenty-one and Naruto was seven. He was going to be in academy soon. He wanted to become the Hokage more than anything. I encouraged him and always smiled in amusement. He reminded me so much of his parents.

I haven't been on missions in awhile but I've been working in the hospital a lot in order to make ends meet. I wasn't ready for missions quite yet, so I was starting out slow.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard knocking on the door and went to go answer it.

"Coming! Coming!"

I opened the door and was tackled in a hug.

"Kira!" Kurenai cheered.

"Kurenai! You're back from your mission," I spoke happily.

"Mhm! And as promised we're gonna take a trip to the hotsprings!" Kurenai said. "It's been so long. Is it alright that I invited the guys as well?"

"I mean, they'd just be on the other side anyway," I responded with a shrug and then smirked. "Did you invite them so you can try and peek on Asuma?"

"Huh? No!" Kurenai replied blushing.

I giggled.

"We'll have to be careful. I'm pretty sure Ebisu is a closeted pervert," I commented as we began to walk to the hotsprings.

"Aren't most people like that though," Kurenai pointed out.

"Mm. Yeah," I concluded. "Although, I doubt Gai is."

"What makes you say that?" Kurenai questioned.

"Well, I feel like he would've tried something at this point," I stated. "I've known him since I was five and he was seven. Plus we've slept in the same bed and nothing happened."

"What?! When did this happen??" Kurenai questioned surprised.

"Oh. Well when Kakashi's team had a mission during the time he was in charge of watching me, he had Gai watch over me for awhile," I commented. "I felt bad that he was just watching me and sitting in a chair all night isn't comfortable."

"Mhm....But I bet part of you wanted him to just cause," Kurenai stated and lightly elbowed me.

"Pffft. No," I replied as my face began to heat up.

I was having a nightmare, tossing and turning in my bed.

"Please no. Don't die! I can save you!" I yelled as my brain used my memory of Nari's death in this twisted dream.

"Kira....Kira!" A voice called out.

I shot up and my head hit something hard.

"Ahh!" I cried out as I held onto my forehead.

"I'm sorry!" Gai responded and he rubbed his forehead as well.

"It's okay," I replied and then rubbed my eyes tiredly.

"You were having a nightmare. I just wanted to make sure you were okay," Gai stated as he sat down on the edge of my bed.

I nodded and made a beconing motion with my hand for him to move closer. He looked at me confused and then scooted closer, leaning over. I reached my hand up to his forehead, green chakra flowing out as I healed his head.

"I'm not very injured! You don't have to waste chakra," Gai spoke.

"I know. I just wanted to make sure you were okay," I replied with a small smile.