Chapter 19: Trees and Chakra

"Daiki is late...." Nari murmured as we sat under the tree near the training ground.

"It's only a few minutes past noon," I responded softly.

Emiyo Sensei nodded at my statement and glanced over as she saw her final student arriving.

The Chunin exams were still going on now. I believe I heard from someone that they were on the second part of the exam still. Today I was dressed for training, excited to get started. I wore an blue short sleeve shirt with a chain mail long-sleeved underneath. I also wore grey pants with along with my black ninja sandals. I wore my leaf headband on my forehead today, having tied it behind my brown hair that now reached my shoulders.

"I'm sorry! I overslept!" He called as he ran over, coming to a halt and panting.

"It's alright Daiki. Don't be too hard on yourself," Emiyo Sensei said and pat his head. "Today we'll be working on chakra channeling. Shinobi should be able to channel chakra to various places in their body. One of the most common places is in their feet."

"Ooooo," Daiki said in excitement, his dark green eyes lighting up.

"So, what I want you guys to do is walk up a tree and get to the top. Like so," Emiyo Sensei spoke and then began to demonstrate. "You can't use too little or too much and make sure you're only concentrating on the tree."

Emiyo walked to the tree they were under and began to walk up the trunk as if they were on a normal stroll. We watched in awe as she did it with such ease. I was more use to walking on water than a tree. I did use the chakra skill yesterday but it wasn't too high. Our Sensei then hopped down and gave us a smile.

"Now pick a tree and get to work," Emiyo stated and we raced off to start training.

I began to channel chakra into my feet and began to walk up the tree trunk, I stumbled a bit not use to being sideways  falling down. I sighed and then narrowed me eyes. I channeled the chakra again and began to walk up the tree. I concentrated hard and soon enough I had made it halfway up the tree.

"Good job Kira," Emiyo sensei called and I smiled at her from the branch I now stood on.

"Huh?" Daiki said in confusion and lost concentration, falling on his butt.

"Nice going Daiki," Nari teased as he began to walk up with ease after a few tries.

"How are you guys able to do that so easily?!" Daiki called in frustration.

"Just concentrate Daiki. You'll get it," Emiyo sensei encouraged and Daiki sighed as he began to try again.

I made it to the top of the tree and sighed as I felt the breeze flow through my hair. The view of Konoha was quite beautiful from my spot and I sat there staring off into space.

"You got the hang of this pretty fast," Nari commented as he reached the top of his tree.

"I'm use to doing this but on water, so it took a bit of adjusting," I told him. "You got the hang of it pretty quick as well."

"Hyuga clan uses chakra a lot when it comes to their techniques, so it makes sense I would naturally pick this up," Nari responded with a shrug.

I nodded and then looked down at Daiki who had just fallen again, having made it about halfway up before falling.

"Daiki is very determined huh," I commented with a small chuckle of amusement.

"Mhm. He talks big but he doesn't have much talent though," Nari admitted. "He's very determined though."

"I bet he'll get stronger," I told him. "You'll have to watch out."

"You're not worried," Nari questioned in curiosity.

"No. I'm going to become one of the strongest shinobi in Konoha!" I said with a small bit of enthusiasm.

"You've got a long way to go," Nari stated. "We've only just begun."

I nodded and then jumped back down. I walked over to watch Daiki with Emiyo Sensei. After a few hours he was able to reach the top and began to cheer in happiness. We all watched in amusement and then he tumbled down the tree, grabbing onto the last branch in order to stop him from hitting the ground.

"You did good Daiki but you've got to be more aware of your surroundings or else you'll continue to be clumsy," Emiyo Sensei told him. "That'll be all for today. We'll meet up again in two days for some small missions around the village."

"Why not tomorrow...." Daiki complained.

"I have a mission," Emiyo admitted. "Gotta do my part, okay?"

"Yes Sensei!" We all replied and then Emiyo Sensei disappeared with a puff of smoke.

"We should train together tomorrow!" Daiki suggested with a smile.

"What would we even do?" Nari questioned. "We all have our different strengths."

"How about we work on Taijutsu?" I asked curiously.

"Taijutsu.....I'd rather learn some new ninjutsu," Daiki complained.

"Taijutsu would be very helpful if you're put in a precarious situation," Nari pointed out. "If all your ninjutsu doesn't work then you have taijutsu to lean on."

"Hmmmm....I guess you're right...." Daiki responded.

"Yeah. I've been training with someone who is really good at taijutsu," I told them. "You can do some training with me tomorrow if you'd like."

Both boys nodded in agreement and we began to walk off.

"Anyone up for some food?" Daiki asked. "I'm starving."

"I don't really have any money...." I murmured honestly.

"Can't you just eat when you get home," Nari commented.

"But Ramen isn't at home and I want ramen," Daiki whined. "It's more fun to eat with friends."

"Hmmmm..." Nari hummed as he thought about it.

"Sure. Plus, Emiyo Sensei would want us to bond more," I pointed out.

"Fine...I'll go along with this," Nari gave in.

"Yes!" Daiki said and began to run off. "Let's go!"

"Daiki!" I called after him and Nari and I made chase as we went to go eat together.

I smiled in amusement. I really like my team.