Chapter 43: Old Acquaintances

Mist Shinobi........How did they get into the village?

This was my only thought as I stood there frozen, surrounded by four Mist Shinobi. I recognized one of them.

My eyes widened in realization. It was the man that walked into the restaurant. Daiko didn't just misbehave for no reason, he knew. He was trying to protect us and all I did was yell at him.

"With your mutt gone along with your friends, it's easier to talk," one spoke up.

"You've grown quite attached to this blade haven't you....Do you remember me?"

I looked over to the one who spoke and my heart began to beat faster.

Flashback

"Again!"

"I can't....I can't keep going," a four year old Kira cried out, tired from using so much chakra.

"You have to in order to be strong. Don't you want to do your village proud!"

"No! This isn't my village!" I yelled and I was grabbed by my hair.

"This will always be your village," he growled. "You will do it again or you'll be punished."

My eyes widened and I just nodded as tears filled my eyes.

"Alright Sero Sensei...."

End of flashback

"Sero Sensei," I murmured.

"You do remember," he spoke with a smirk. "I've come to take you home."

"I am home," I spoke and narrowed my eyes.

Soon water began to form around me, startling the other shinobi around me. I then formed it into spears, hardening them into ice.

Sero Sensei then began to laugh coldly as he watched this happen.

"You didn't even create a single hand sign. Truly a weapon of destruction. I knew taking you in was the best choice," he commented darkly.

"You'll leave me alone!" I screamed as I then shot all the ice spears at the shinobi.

The three dodged out of the way while Sero Sensei began to make hand signs. He released a giant blast of water that discarded any ice that came his way. I jumped out of the way and as I did that all the sudden chains flew out of the water. They latched onto my arms and legs and I pulled against them.

"It's useless to fight against them. I know you can't control water under others jutsu," he said. "I also know you've already killed. The abilities you possess are truly wondersome. Under my care, you'll become indestructible!"

My eyes widened and then narrowed.

"I don't want that!" I yelled.

He then walked up to me and pulled my leaf headband off my head, tossing it to the side.

"With you, the mist will become the strongest nation. You are Kira of the Mist and nothing more," he growled before he punched me in the abdomen.

I let out a gasp. If only I could move my hands and use jutsu. I can't form anymore water, he'll be able to defend against that. I have to at least try.

As I went to do so a white flash came into vision and Sero Sensei cried out in pain.

"Daiko!" I cried out.

The wolf had latched his jaws onto Sero's arm, drawing blood.

"You mutt!" He yelled.

I then narrowed my eyes and formed a giant sphere of water before me.

"Daiko! Dodge!" I yelled.

The wolf obeyed and leaped to the side as the sphere of water landed against Sero. The chains on my arms released and I began to make hand signs.

"Water Release: Water Cannon Technique!"

I then took a deep breath before releasing a giant stream of boiling water from my mouth, shooting it at the other Mist shinobi. Daiko stood beside me and once I finished I kneeled beside him.

"Daiko. I'm so sorry," I told him and I pet his head. "I know why you acted the way you did and I should've thought more about it. Right now though, I need you to go get help."

Daiko whimpered and I looked over to see Sero Sensei getting back up.

"Daiko. Retreat and bring reinforcements!" I commanded while giving him a hand signal so he knew I was serious.

He then turned away and raced off towards the village.

"Stop that wolf!"

"No!" I yelled as I leaped at one of the shinobi, forming a sword from water into my hands and swiping at them. "You want me right. Try and take me!"

I began to swing wildly as I tried to hit the mist ninja. Another then joined in and I was having to fight on two sides. I kicked one in the chest before slashing the other in the arm, drawing blood. I looked up and saw a giant stream of water heading towards me. I leaped to the side and then all the sudden was surrounded by steam. I cried out as my limbs began to burn and used what water I could muster to created a barrier around me, crystallizing it into ice.

I clutched my left arm as I kneeled on the ground in pain. I had burns all over my left side. I began to treat them as I heard the barrier slowly cracking. As a hand made it through the cracked ice, I pulled out a kunai and stabbed their arm. I heard their cry of pain and then leaped out of the barrier, doing a few hand signals as I bared the pain in my body. I had do this. All or nothing. I formed as much water as I could around me, stealing all moisture from the air and ground.

"Tsunami no Jutsu!" I cried out.

The water I had created the slammed to the ground, creating a wave to wash away my pursuers. I landed behind it, clutching my arm as I sat on the ground. My chakra was almost all out. That move is usually the last resort and it takes a lot, especially when there isn't a water source. But I managed.

"It's amazing that you were able to pull a move like that at your age."

My eyes widened and I looked to the side to see Sero Sensei.

"Only high level jonin and the kage can pull it off usually," he spoke and then grabbed me by the shirt, lifting me up into the ground.

I grabbed at his arm for stability as I struggled in his grasp, swinging my legs wildly in hopes of kicking him. He just chuckled.

"You were able to take down two of my men. They'll live, but even when you're out numbered, you still were able to cause a lot of damage," he stated and then dropped me to the ground.

I hit the ground and cried out in pain. I then looked up only to feel a painful blow to my body and then after that, all I saw was darkness.