Chapter 15: Training More

It felt odd having friends who were older than you. Gai, Obito, and Rin were all eight while I am just six. Kakashi was six too and they use to be his classmates. They'll be nine once they graduate since they're trying to get as many shinobi they can due to the war. That's why they've allowed such younger kids to start at the academy early and graduate earlier.

In a way it was similar to the Mist, but they didn't force the children to train early. They chose the path and then were tested to see if that was the path for them. At the Leaf they taught in a more caring manner while the Mist was more cruel.

I huffed as I finished practicing my shuriken throwing. I still remember Kakashi telling me I needed to focus more on Taijustu a couple years back, but I really didn't want to. It is something ninja should master if they can't rely on ninjutsu and genjutsu. Last time I attempted a form of taijutsu was when those guys attacked Emi and Jun a few years back. I was weak back then and I guess I just don't want to relive a failure like that.

I began to walk back to the house and looked up at the mountain, seeing two people at the top. I became curious and began to climb up. It wasn't intense training like Kakashi did with one hand. I wasn't ready for that level. I use all of my limbs to climb to the top and looked over seeing a cloud of dust from an apparent scuffle.

After sensing who it was, I sighed as I sat down to watch the fight. It was Gai and Kakashi at it again. My guess was Gai picked this time and he chose a taijutsu fight.

"Leaf Hurricane!" He called as he slammed his leg into a rock, causing it the break into pieces and even the ground cracked at the impact.

Kakashi had hopped away and blocked the next few attacks as they battle continued. I watched in curiosity as they fought. They both had such big levels of taijutsu and the power of that kick was just so strong. I knew Gai was more partial to taijutsu due to him not having a great affinity for genjutsu or ninjutsu.

Kakashi deflected a kick and pushed Gai away with force, throwing him into a rock. Gai got up immediately throwing another punch after punch at his rival. I always wondered how this rivalry started. I usually would hear Kakashi come home complaining about Gai's constant challenges, but I secretly knew he enjoyed them. They were a form of training and friendly competition, which made it fun in my opinion.

Gai did another giant kick with his leg and Kakashi backed away, hiding behind a rock. Gai began to look around for him and then spotted me instead.

"Kira?" He questioned happily surprised by my sudden appearance.

I didn't have time to respond as Kakashi took advantage of the distraction and socked Gai in the face, knocking him to the ground.

"I win," Kakashi announced sounding as if he didn't care and I laughed.

"Unfair, I was distracted," Gai muttered as he rubbed his cheek.

"You're always going to have others possibly around you when there are fights. You can't let them distract you," Kakashi warned him.

"Don't be too harsh on him brother," I warned as I went over and helped Gai up. "You both were very impressive."

"T-Thank you for the support!" Gai stuttered and then smiled, doing his now dubbed 'nice-guy' pose.

It was just his signature smile paired with a thumbs up. I chuckled in amusement and shook my head. Gai had grown up a lot through his years in the academy. His shiny bowl cut was now paired with a green jumpsuit along with orange legwarmers and bandages on his arms from all of his training. I always thought it was cute that Gai had a similar outfit to Dai now.

"We should head back. The sun is beginning to set," Kakashi mentioned.

Gai nodded in understanding.

"How about you join us for dinner Gai?" I offered with a smile.

"No, I shouldn't really impose," he responded with an apologetic smile as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"You wouldn't be. I'll even make curry," I offered trying hard to convince him.

Gai seemed to freeze at the word curry and then nodded, giving into my request. I smiled in triumph and Kakashi just let out an exasperated sigh.

"You're gonna let all your friends eat up our food," Kakashi warned.

"Our friends," I corrected and shrugged. "And I don't care."

"I do. I'm paying for our groceries," Kakashi muttered.

"Well when I graduate I'll start helping as well, so deal with it," I stated.

Kakashi rolled his eyes and began to make his way down the mountain, Gai and I following behind.

"You should join in next time on our next challenge Kira," Gai offered with a smile.

"I don't know. I probably don't have the strength for it," I responded honestly, not thinking I was strong.

"Then how about we train together!" Gai said as his eyes widened with excitement at the idea.

I chuckled in amusement and then nodded liking the idea.

"Sure. I need to work on my taijutsu anyway. Thank you Gai!" I replied with a kind smile.

Gai blushed and then nodded. "No problem Kira!"

Guys it snowed where I ammmm!!! Yuh!!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter! It was a bit short but there are more to come!