Chapter 60: A Day Exploring Konoha

Today was Naruto's third birthday!

I wanted to do something nice for him. He didn't really have any friends besides me. He likes a few of my friends but I'm unsure if they would want to celebrate, plus I'm unsure on who all would have missions.

"Maybe I could ask for Kakashi to celebrate with us...." I murmured thinking about my brother. "Hey Daiko."

The white wolf trotted over and sat down in front of me. I wrote down a small note and held it out to him.

"Could you deliver this to the third hokage please," I asked softly.

He gently bit the paper and raced off to deliver it. I got up and walked over to Naruto's room, lightly knocking on the door before opening it.

"Naruto. Time to get up," I called as I walked over to his bed, sitting down on the edge.

"Mmm," he mumbled as he shifted in his bed.

Naruto sat up a bit and rubbed his eyes as he looked up at me. I gave him a sweet closed eye smile and lightly ruffled his messy, yellow hair.

"Happy birthday," I said cheerfully as I pulled him close, hugging him tightly.

"Birthday.....It's my birthday!" He cheered as he snuggled closer to me in the hug.

I chuckled and tightly hugged him before letting him go.

"Get ready. We'll have a fun day out in the village today," I told him and his eyes brightened.

He then jumped up and began to get ready. I left to start making him breakfast, making pancakes. As he ran out I set down a plate and he immediately began to devour it.

"You're so messy," I teased as I grabbed a napkin and lightly whiped off his face.

"Don't baby me," he whined with a mouthful of pancakes.

I chuckled and left him alone so I could eat my own breakfast. I cleaned up and then we went to our shoes on. I picked up Naruto, holding above my hip as I walked out the door.

"Where would you like to go?" I asked as I began to walk around.

"Uhhhh...." he murmured.

I realized he didn't know much about the village.

"How about we just explore for now," I suggested with a smile. "Get to see more of Konoha."

"Yeah!" I replied cheerfully.

We explored many of the different shops and stalls in the village along with looking at many of the greenery. I saw a couple of odd looks from others as they spotted the young boy. Today was technically the anniversary of the Nine-Tails attack, but it was also Naruto's birthday. A day that brought so much pain, but out of it came this small child.

We stopped by the academy where the kids were inside for class. I went over to a swing tied up to a tree limb and helped him sit down. I then lightly began to push him and he smiled happily. He laughed in joy and it really brightened my mood a lot. I was so glad he was happy. He hopped off and insisted I get a turn. His attempts at pushing me were most amusing.

"Let's get ichiraku ramen for lunch," I suggested as I stood back up.

"Yay!!" He cheered and began to race off.

"Hey wait!" I called as I chased after him.

Naruto shyly peaked into Ichiraku ramen and saw the old man. The old man spotted him and he immediately shied away.

"No you can come inside," he called back.

I smiled in amusement as I watched the interaction. I then nudged him in and followed behind. I greeted the owner and helped Naruto onto his seat. We ordered ramen and enjoyed our lunch. Afterward, we wandered around Konoha some more.