Chapter 42: Sudden Behavior

Two more weeks passed and it was the day before I would meet with Tsume to determine if Daiko was trained well enough to stay. I was more nervous then ever. In those two weeks I've been able to have him learn more commands and train his tracking skills.

In that time he's also grown quite a bit, about the size of a german shepard. If I recall, Tsume told me he was about three months old when I found him. So he's about four months now and probably still growing.

I used my water jutsu to create clones and then used transformation jutsu to make them look like rouge ninja.

"Daiko! Attack!" I called and he raced towards them.

He leaped at the one clone and bit their shoulder, destroying the clone and returning it to plain water. He then turned to the other one who three shuriken at him. Daiko leaped to the side and then raced towards him, biting their leg and destroying that clone as well.

"Good job!" I cheered with a smile.

He immediately raced back over and laid down at my feet, wagging his tail happily. I giggled and kneeled down beginning to pet his white fur happily.

"Let's do one more test before we call it a day," I told him and he gave a small woof in response.

I had hid a few items around the area beforehand with my scent in order to confuse him. For his final test, he would have to track me down.

"Alright. You have to track me down buddy," I told him and then stood back up. "I'm counting on you!"

I then disappeared and hid amongst the trees thirty feet away. I waited patiently and sat down with my back against the tree. My mind began to wander a bit. How much longer will this war continue....I just want it to end at this point. I heard stories in the hospitals about how we've lost so many shinobi and it only saddens me further.

After being deep in thought for so long, suddenly I felt something push against my shoulder. I looked over and smiled when I saw Daiko, immediately brightening my mood.

"You did it bud," I complimented him as I pet his head. "I'm so proud."

He gave a small howl and I giggled in amusement. I kneeled down and then hugged Daiko close to me, a memory then arising.

Flashback

"Ugh. This dog is always getting out. Why is it always our team that has to chase after him!" Daiki complained.

"I guess since we know his movements bests and the places he visits," I told him. "Also, Nari's Byakugan is really handy for these situations. Making him the best ally in hunting for escaped pets."

"She's right," Nari commented as he grabbed the puppy they had been chasing.

"Hmph. It's as if these dogs aren't loyal," he muttered.

"Well, young pups are usually rambunctious and such," I commented as I pat the puppy on the head. "You have to help teach them and bond with them."

"You know a lot about this," Daiki stated thoughtfully.

"Yeah. Kakashi has been thinking about getting some summon ninken," I stated. "Plus, I've always wanted a dog."

"That'll be hard to handle especially if you're on missions all the time," Nari pointed out. "And it's not like you're one of the Inuzuka clan."

"Just because I'm not apart of the clan doesn't mean I can't try," I declared.

Daiki just laughed. "I bet I could do a better job than you at dog training."

"Shut up!" I yelled and smacked him on the head.