Chapter 62: We're Family

I was peacefully asleep in my bed.

And then the stampede began.

As I was peacefully resting, my door suddenly flung open and both a chaotic toddler and giant wolf leaped onto me. I sat up, gasping in surprise as I was woken up.

"Sis! Wake up! I want to explore more!" Naruto called. "And I want to train and be a shinobi."

"Mmm..." I groaned as I rubbed my eyes. I then glanced over at Daiko and huffed. "Why did you condone this behavior?"

Daiko just snorted and laid down on the bed. I huffed and began to pet his head.

"Spoiled," I muttered and then looked over as Naruto began to explore my room.

"What are all these pictures?" Naruto asked as he went up to my dresser.

I glanced over and smiled as he observed the three frames. He then picked up and held it out towards me.

"Is this you and your team?" Naruto asked.

I stood up and walked over, taking the picture frame from him. It was the team photo with Daiki, Nari, and Emiyo Sensei.

"Mhm," I responded. "That's Nari, Daiki, and Emiyo my sensei. You've met Nari before."

"Oh yeah!" Naruto replied and looked up at me curiously. "Where are the others?!"

"Uh...." I murmured as I tried to figure out how to tell him. "Emiyo is no longer in the village and Daiki passed away a long time ago."

Naruto stared at me for awhile. "Oh..." he spoke and then looked at the other photos. "Who are they?"

I checked which one he was looking at now and it was the picture of Sakumo, Kakashi, and I after Kakashi got into the academy.

"That's me with my father and brother," I told him. "You've met Kakashi."

"Kashi is your brother. That's weird," he commented. "Are they my father and brother too?"

"No. We have different parents Naruto," I said to him. "But your parents took me in as one of their own. So, I'm still your sister. We don't need to be blood to be family!"

"Good! Cause you're the best sister!" He declared and jumped up, hugging me.

I caught him and hugging him close to me, chuckling.

"Thanks," I responded and smiled happily. "Mmm. I guess you're my favorite brother. Just don't tell Kakashi."

"I won't," Naruto said, smiling happily as he deviously chuckled. "What about the other photo?"

"Oh. That's one with a lot of my friends," I told him.

"Oh. I recognize Kashi! And then there's that scary guy with the intense eyebrows," Naruto pointed out and I laughed.

"That's Gai," I responded as I ruffled his hair.

"Who are the other two?" He asked curiously.

"Oh. Rin and Obito. They were Kakashi teammates and my friends," I told him.

"Did they pass away too...." Naruto murmured as he looked up at me with sad eyes.

"Unfortunately," I replied and then kissed the top of his head. "They'll always be in my memories, so let's not be sad. I'll start making us breakfast."

We walked out of my room and set him down as I began to make breakfast.

"What were my parents like?" Naruto asked curiously.

"Hmmm. They were both strong shinobi and very kind," I told him. "They gave their lives to protect the village."

"I'll definitely be a strong shinobi then," Naruto said totally excited by the idea of that.