Chapter 24: I'm Strong

It has begun now.

"Oi! Don't run off too far Daiki!" Nari called as they began to race through the forest.

"Faster we defeat them, the faster we win!" Daiki stated.

"That may seem like the best way, but we should come up with a strategy," Nari said and grabbed Daiki's arm so he would come to a halt. "I'll use my Byakugan and locate them. We can't run around blindly."

Daiki sighed and nodded, shaking away Nari's hand. He stood to the side and let his teammate do his thing. Nari activated his Byakugan and began to scan the surroundings.

"There's one five meters to the left and another is ten meters straight ahead. As for the other.....I can't seem to locate him," Nari admitted.

"Can you see Kira?" Daiki questioned.

"No. We're out of my range there," Nari stated.

"The third is probably that way then," Daiki concluded. "But we trusted her to hold her own. We should focus on the other two and hope one of them has the flag."

"You just took the word right out of my mouth," Nari replied with a small smile. "Let's go."

Standing here wasn't very fun if I have to be honest, but it was the plan. I could sense a presence heading this way that was unfamiliar, which means it's one of my opponents. I knew nothing of the other teams techniques, so it might come down to taijutsu.

I heard the sound of metal flying through the air and jumped back as a kunai landed in my original spot.

"You're very perceptive," they called out before jumped down from the tree.

There stood a boy with black hair and dark eyes. He's from Nari and Daiki's class I believe.

"I've got excellent hearing, thanks for noticing," I said back.

"So they left you back here. I wonder why," he spoke with a smirk.

I see what he is doing. He's attempting to get under my skin.

"Maybe I decided to stay back myself. The water is quite nice," I commented.

"Nah. I think you really know why. You're the weakling. So I bet they stuck you here so you wouldn't get in way," he responded.

"If you think I'm so weak, then why come after me?" I questioned.

"We're taking out every member to ensure we get that flag. For all I know they left it with you and assumed no one would fight you," he said.

"Well, if it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get," I told him as I readied some shuriken.

"I highly doubt it," he replied and then jumped onto the air, doing handsigns.

He's a fire user, like Daiki.

"Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu!"

A giant burst of flames was headed straight at me. I raised my hand up and manipulated the water into creating a sphere around me, shielding me from the attack. Bit of mist filled the air when the fire made contact and I lower the water.

"Huh?" The boy called confused when he saw me standing there unscathed.

He's underestimated me, which means I have the advantage. I began to make hand signs now.

"Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu!"

I created two clones of myself and sent them towards my opponent. One attack head on with a kunai. He blocked it with another and swiped at my clone, destroying it. The other then came from behind and he did more hand signs.

"Katon Ryuuka no Jutsu!" He yelled and a stream of fire destroyed my other clone.

I then came down and kicked him in the stomach before he had any time to react. He flew back and I held my hands up, sending a wave of water at him. His eyes widened and he jumped into the to avoid the wave, landing in a nearby tree. He's figured out that I'm more powerful down here. Well, he's not safe there either.

From where he sat he can't tell what I'm doing now. A thin layer of water was covering my body to create what is know as the Mizu no Yoroi. The water armor technique. I was able to master this when working on my water control and manipulation skills. It'll nullify any attacks against me and fire won't effect me.

"You are weak. That's why you stay in the water. You're not powerful if you leave it," he called out, trying to egg me on.

"Fine. We'll do it your way," I said and then jumped up into the tree, sending a punch his way.

He jumped back and was leading me further away from the water source. He's smart, but I'm smarter. Once we were a ways away from the water, he made his move.

"Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu!"

Fire was hurled at me once again and I leapt straight into it. I'll be able to catch him by surprise by doing so and I'll be protected anyway. When the fire dispersed, I appeared in front of him, catching him off guard.

"What?!"

I then landed a right hook to his face, sending him flying into the tree. I stood a foot away from him on the limb. He opened his eyes and began to struggle to get up.

"I'm not giving up now...." he mumbled.

"Your chakra is almost depleted," I commented. "I don't even have a scratch on me. This fight is over."

"I won't lose to you!" He yelled and charged at me again.

I jumped up and kicked him to the ground. He fell through the branches and hit the ground with a thud. I leapt down and saw he was unconscious. I checked him over and found the flag. Their plan was good. Sending their flag holder away and go on the offense so they wouldn't suspect he had it. But unfortunately for him, I was stronger.

"Protor. I have retrieved the flag!" I called out as I began to walk back to the exit.

After a minute their was a response.

"All teams head back to the starting point. Team 9 has passed," they announced.

I raced back to the gate and looked over at one of the proctors.

"There's an unconscious boy in there, by the way, just in case his team doesn't retrieve him," I informed them.

They nodded and jumped off towards the woods.

"Kira!" I heard Daiki call as he raced out of the woods.

He ran over and hugged me.

"You did it!" He said with joy and I chuckled in amusement.

"Yeah, but Nari is the one who came up with the strategy," I stated as I pulled away from my teammate.

"Don't downplay yourself, Kira," Nari stated as he ruffled my hair.

I huffed in annoyance and swatted at him before fixing my hair. I then took notice of Daiki's state. He had lots of scrapes and a few bandages now on his face. Nari had a few scrapes as well but not as bad.

"Did you defeat the other members?" I asked curiously.

"They were able to separate us unfortunately," Nari admitted. "I was able to take down mine myself, but I had to go help Daiki."

"I was doing fine on my own, thanks," Daiki said and pouted.

"I'm proud of you Daiki," I said and patted his shoulder, smiling. "Now let's join the other team's in the arena where are final test will begin."

"Right!" Nari and Daiki said and we all raced off to take on our final test.