Chapter 80: Tired Decisions

I was walking home from a mission. I was very tired. The bandits were more of a handful than I thought. The person who paid for this mission clearly didn't specify how many there were. Maybe they shouldn't use the word a few next time. Many would make more sense. A lot is more accurate.

I sighed and then halted in my steps when I sensed someone nearby. I could sense their heartbeat speed up when I suddenly halted. I was tired and just wanted to go home and sleep forever. Although, I know that sleep will be interrupted by either Naruto, Kakashi, or Gai at some point.

"Alright. You better come out cause I'm cranky and I really don't want to destroy these trees," I called as I turned around.

"Am I losing my touch stealth wise," a voice muttered and I watched as a man with long white hair.

I stared at him surprised.

"Master Jiraiya?" I spoke.

"Long time Kira," he spoke and then pointed to me.  "Heard from Tsunade recently?"

"No. I haven't seen her for a long time," I commented. "Have you come by to finally see your Godson?"

He was quiet when I asked that question and then sighed.

"No. I don't have time for that. I'm still trailing Orochimaru," he responded.

"Must be tough. He hides pretty well," I commented.

"You have no idea," he replied with a huff.

I sighed. It must hurt knowing someone you were close to is now a criminal. He did awful things, including experimenting with children. I found out from Kakashi that that's how Yamato has his wood style.

"Why are you still a shinobi Jiraiya?" I questioned.

"Well, my specialty is needed and I've got lots of free time to work on my books," he responded with a smirk.

"Free time huh. I have none of that," I muttered.

"Really?" He asked.

"Between mission, Naruto, and the hospital I don't have a lot of time to myself. But, I don't think the world needs my specialty right now," I commented. "My eyes are considered dangerous, we're not at war, and since their aren't huge threats, there aren't a ton of serious cases. I think I might...stop. But being a shinobi has been all I've known since I can remember."

"Then it will be a good thing that you stop," he stated. "If this is all you've known, you're missing out on a lot of what the world has to offer."

"I'm not gonna buy one of your books," I retorted with a smirk.

He huffed and folded his arms.

"Well, you're missing out," he grumbled. "Besides that. Go for it. I'm sure you have enough ninja in your village to tide things over for awhile."

"Thank you, Jiraiya, and stop by soon. I think you'd like Naruto," I told him and began to head off.

After the long walk to the village, I felt like a zombie as I sauntered to my apartment. I got the door open and dropped my stuff at the door. I took my shoes off and slowly wandered into the living room. I fell onto the couch and immediately passed out.

I don't know how long I was out for, but I was suddenly woken by a knock. I jerked up and rubbed my eyes.

"Who even is it," I murmured tiredly.

I wiped any possible drool away and combed a hand through my hair so that I look presentable. I opened the door and the first thing I saw was flowers. My eyes widened and then I looked up to see the handsome beast himself.

"Hi Gai," I greeted, trying to sound alive and not like I just woke up.

"Hello my beautiful Kira," he announced with his classic smile. "I've brought you some flowers."

I lightly smiled and then watched as he seemed to observe me.

"Are you okay?" He questioned. "It seems as if all youth has been drained from you."

"Are you calling me old?" I asked and his eyes widened.

"No! I would never say such a thing!" He immediately responded. "I'm just saying that you appear very tired."

"Mhm. I just got back home from my mission and it was not fun," I murmured. "It wasn't hard, just tiresome."

"I see! Go lay back down. I'll make you some tea and put these flowers in a vase," he declared and headed inside.

"Gai....you don't have to," I protested as I followed him back into the house.

"Nonsense. I should take care of my love," he declared. "Now get some rest and I'll check on you in a moment!"

"Okayyyyyy," I replied, too tired to argue anymore and just headed to bed.

When my head hit my my pillow, I was out like a light. I don't think I dreamed of anything. Just peaceful nothingness. Till I heard a voice.

"Kira...."

"Kira."

"Kiraaa"

"Five more minutes," I murmured and pulled my blanket closer.

"Your tea will get cold," Gai replied.

"You told me to rest," I retorted and he chuckled.

"That is true, but then how will you sleep tonight?" He questioned and I groaned.

"Just join me," I replied and reached out a hand, grabbing onto his green suit, pulling him onto the bed.

I assumed he used his limbs to brace himself so he wouldn't crush me. I felt the bed shift and soon he laid beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Gai....how about you move in?" I suggested sleepily.

"Really?!" He replied excitedly.

"Mhm. You can move in, be the best ninja ever, and I'll focus on taking care of Naruto," I rambled tiredly. "I'll just....only go on emergency calls for the hospital.....so I'm taking a break from being a ninja...like we discussed."

"That's wonderful," he replied and kissed the side of my head. "Now I'll be able to go to sleep and wake up beside the love of my life."

"You're ridiculous," I murmured, smiling happily.

"Ridiculously in love," he countered and buried his face into my neck.

"Love you too Gai...." I replied softly before passing out again.

Another one!!!

Kira finally gets an f-ing break. I feel like after all the shit she's dealt with she deserves it. Now she can focus on herself, Naruto, Gai, and soon some other precious beans she'll be meeting!!

Hope you enjoyed! Until next time!