Chapter 29: Stay Alive

We sprung into action.

I threw a few shuriken at the three Rock Ninja to get them away from the Village folk. I landed in front of the lady and held up a kunai.

"Ma'am. Get everyone to safety. We'll take care of this," I told her.

Soon the people began to run off, knowing a fight would break out.

"Heh. A bunch of kids think they can take on Rock Ninja. You all don't even look old enough to be ninja," one teased.

"Then we'll prove you wrong right here and now," Daiki yelled as he began to do hand signs.

"Katon: Myaku Hitofuki no Jutsu!"

A fireball the size of a basketball hurled itself at the Rock Shinobi. They jumped away and the fireball hit the ground causing a giant explosion to occur, knocking our opponents away from each other.

"Nari! Go left! Daiki! Go right! We'll fight them one on one, but if you need help don't hesitate to call," I ordered.

They nodded and raced off to face their opponents. I moved to the closet one to me and assessed the area. The well was nearby.....good.

"Come to face me little girl?" The Rock ninja teased and I narrowed my eyes, slowly getting into a fight stance, holding my hands out.

"I'll show you who is little," I responded.

He did a few hand signs and then slammed his palm onto the ground.

Tsuchi Shouaku no jutsu

A part of the ground reached up, wrapping itself along my legs as it held me still. My eyes narrowed as I waited for the right moment. I needed to conserve chakra. The enemy began making hand signals again. What was his next move..

Doton: Doryuudan no Jutsu!

A large dragon head made of earth grew up from the ground and began to fire balls of earth at me. I quickly did some hand signs and held my arm up, summoning a nodachi sword into my hand, slicing through each chunk of earth hurtled at me.

While this was happening, Nari was making progress with his opponent using his gentle fist techniques. He dodged each attack as pieces of earth flew at him as an attempt to keep him long distance since Nari was more of a close range fighter.

Daiki on the other hand was having more trouble. He was attempting to dodge places formed into quicksand while doing several hand signs. He leaped into the air and took in a deep breath.

"Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu!"

An explosive flame burst from his mouth as he fired it at his enemy, who had to focus on dodging this large stream of fire. This gave Daiki a chance to engage as he landed on the ground and charged at his enemy.

I finished slicing through all the earth and then released myself from the grounds hold. I raced at the person and swung my sword down. They pulled out a kunai as they began to block each of my attacks, the sound of steel hitting against each other filled the air. My attack was blocked but I raised up my leg, landing a swift kick into their abdomen and sent them flying.

I smirked and stood at the ready for their next attack. He slammed his hand into the ground, causing the ground to shake beneath us. My teammates were shocked by this sudden violent shaking and lost our balance, stumbling in our places. Our opponents took this as an opportunity and landed a few hits on us, sending us flying. I winced as my body scraped against the ground.

"To think, that kids could put up this much of a fight," one sneared.

I watched and took notice of our status. Daiki was probably almost out of chakra and Nari's eyes might be getting tired. Now was the time.