Chapter 4: New Home

"You're from the Hidden Village in the Mist, correct?" The third hokage spoke.

"Correct," I answered.

"I've been informed you ran away. Could you tell me why?" He asked.

"Because the Mist isn't my home," I began to explain. "I was kidnapped from my home and forced to train as a shinobi. They're taking many young kids from their homes in the Country of Water, preparing to fight in a war if one is to come."

"Hmmmm. This is no good," he spoke softly. "What kind of training did they teach you and these children?"

"All kinds of water jutsu of all skill levels. They force you to learn that one before you can excell any higher," I told him. "Not much weapon use was taught to us younger kids or taijutsu.."

"I see. So you know a variety of jutsu already I take it," the hokage pointed out.

"That's correct sir," I responded softly.

"Now that you are away from the Mist, what do you plan to do now, young Kira?" He asked me.

"I..." I spoke but then stopped.

I didn't know what I was gonna do now. I was unsure of what Emi and Jun plans would be now. If they would stay here or move on. The Hidden Leaf is filled with nice people. It wouldn't be terrible if I stayed here.

"I do not know, Lord Hokage. I'll have to think about it," I finally replied.

He nodded.

"You're quite exceptional as a young child I've been told. Fighting off three others while protecting those people you were with," he stated. "You could become a shinobi of the Leaf if you so wished."

"Lord Third, if I may interject," Emi spoke up as she entered the room with Sakumo behind her. "I want Kira to be able to experience being a child. She's never been able to do so being trained all day and night at the Mist after she had been taken."

"If you become her guardian, that wish could be easily granted," the third hokage pointed out.

"Actually Lord Third. My husband and I are planning on moving further west. We want to put a good distance between us and the Country of Water. We want to leave Kira here in the Leaf's care," Emi explained. "She's special and has a lot of potential that shouldn't go to waste. I feel the Leaf can help her hone the skills she's been taught and become a wonderful ninja some day if she chooses."

My eyes widened as she talked so highly of me, my cheeks becoming pink.

"I've offered to take in the child, Lord Third," Sakumo finally spoke up. "I believe it would be good for Kakashi to have someone else besides me. Even though he is excelling well and about to get into the academy."

"What do you say, Kira," Lord Third asked.

All eyes were on me now. I would be separated from Emi and Jun if I stayed here, but they want what is best for me. Sakumo has shown he is a kind person and it would be nice to be looked after. I could just....be a child now.

I gave them a closed eyed smile and nodded.

"I'm okay with that," I replied.

Emi sadly smiled and began to tear up. She ran over to my bed and hugged me.

"I'm so proud of you, Kira," she spoke softly.

My eyes widened and I hugged her back.

"Jun and I will come say goodbye before we depart, I promise," Emi told me as she ran her hand through my short brown hair.

I nodded and she pulled away, wiping her eyes. She then left along with Lord Third. Sakumo looked toward me and smiled.

"You're getting discharged today. I'll be able to take you to your new home," he said cheerfully.

"Home..." I spoke softly with a small smile.

I walked out of the hospital with Sakumo and looked around at my new surroundings. The Leaf Village seemed so nice. People would greet us as we walked by even though I don't know them. Kids were running around playing, tempting me to run after them but I was too nervous. I'm in a new place and I'm a bit scared no one will like me because of where I'm from. My mood seemed to drop a bit at that thought and then I looked up surprised when Sakumo took my hand in his, smiling at me.

"Don't be down, Kira. The Hidden Leaf is your new home. It may seem scary, but I believe you'll be able to get through it all," he assured me.

I smiled, nodding in response as I held onto his hand feeling better.

We soon reached a house and Sakumo slid the door open, entering the house.

"I'm home," he called as he took off his shoes, walking further inside.

I followed his actions, taking off my sandals before I followed after him. I grabbed back onto his arm and looked around.

"Welcome home, father," a young silver haired boy with a mask on his face spoke as he approached us.

He looked at me confused before looking back up at Sakumo.

"Who is this?" He asked curiously.

"This is Kira. She will be living with us now so be nice, Kakashi," Sakumo said as he lightly nudged me forward.

"How come?" Kakashi questioned further.

"She has no family, Kakashi. I offered to house her. I'll explain more later, don't worry," Sakumo spoke. "Please make her feel welcome."

Kakashi nodded and looked to me.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"Four," I responded.

"Me as well. I'm about to go to the academy to train to be a Leaf Shinobi one day," he told me.

I smiled in amusement and replied, "That's so cool. I hope you make it in."

"Don't worry. There's no way I won't get in," Kakashi said. "Do you want to be a ninja?"

"Maybe, but Emi said I should have a childhood before I go back to that," I responded.

"Emi?" Kakashi asked.

"She's someone I protected from bad guys," I spoke confidently. "I was able to hold out against them before the Leaf Ninja arrived!"

"Huh?" Kakashi said confused. "You can fight?"

"Well of course. The Mist taught me," I stated.

"The Mist...Like in the Country Water....Why are you in the Country of Fire then?" Kakashi questioned.

I was going to answered but then I felt a hand on my head, ruffling my short brown hair.

"I'll explain everything to Kakashi, Kira. Why don't you two go play while I fix dinner," Sakumo suggested as he moved his hand away.

"Play?" I asked.

"Kira, we could build a puzzle. Come on," Kakashi stated and grabbed my hand, pulling me away.

"Puzzle?" I was now even more confused.

Kakashi chuckled.

"You're really weird Kira," he stated and I huffed in response.

"You're weird," I retorted.

Sakumo chuckled in amusement as his son got along with the new girl. He was glad Kakashi was making a friend.

Thank you for reading! Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!