Chapter 49: Please Return

"Brother!" I called as I raced over and jumped onto his back chuckling.

"Hi Kira," Kakashi replied in usual monotone voice and I hopped off his back.

"What about us?" Obito called stubbornly as he stood beside Rin.

"Sorry," I responded with a smile and ran over, hugging Obito and then Rin.

I then pulled away and looked over at Minato and Kushina as they walked over to meet us.

"How long will you guys be gone for?" I asked as we stood at the Konoha gate, Kushina and seeing Team 7 off.

"Who knows," Kakashi commented.

"It'll probably be about a week depending on what trouble we deal with," Rin said. "But I'm sure it'll go well since Kakashi is our Captain."

"So you guys are splitting off from Minato...." I spoke worriedly.

"Yeah. He's going to front lines," Obito stated as he lazily held his arms behind his head.

"Just be careful," I said as I gave Rin another hug.

"We will," Rin replied softly as she pulled away.

"Obito. Make sure Kakashi doesn't do anything stupid," I teased with a closed eye smile.

"Kira..." Kakashi spoke annoyed as he glared at me.

"Sure thing. Though he's always doing stupid things," Obito said with a smirk which only cause Kakashi to now turn his glare to him.

I chuckled and then they set off. I waved as their figures slowly got farther and farther away. I stood there sad in a way, since I couldn't help or even just go on any mission.

"Cheer up, Kira. They'll return safe no matter what," Kushina commented as she lightly pat my head.

I nodded and we began to head back home. When I laid down in bed for the night I couldn't help but get this feeling something was wrong. Daiko must have sensed my unease and climbed into the bed with me. I gratefully accepted his comfort and held him close.

"Kira! Breakfast is ready!"

I awoke at the sound of my name being called and yawned, rubbing my eyes tiredly. I pat Daiko on the head before getting up and moving to the kitchen.

"Goodmorning," Kushina greeted.

"Morning," I replied sleepily before taking a seat.

We had gotten into a rhythm of her waking me with food so I wouldn't sleep the day away when I could go help at the hospital a bit. When I recieved my breakfast I began to eat, but the feeling of unease still stayed with me.

I slightly jumped in my seat when I heard a knock at the door.

"Could you get that please?" Kushina called from the kitchen.

"Mhm," I hummed in reply and got up, heading to the door.

I opened it and before I could even greet the person, Daiko pounced on them.

"Daiko!" I scolded but the chuckled at the scene.

Gai had been caught off guard by the wolf's sudden attack and had fallen to the ground.

"Good to see you too Daiko," Gai said with a smile as he pet the white furred wolf.

"Goodmorning Gai," I finally greeted. "How'd you know I was here?"

"I uh....May have seen you walk here yesterday..." Gai replied and became a bit flustered. "I was eating with my team when I saw you walk by and got curious since Kakashi said you weren't at home anymore."