Chapter 3: A Visit from The White Fang

I wasn't sure what I was gonna wake up to, but when I came too everything seemed so clean and white. It made me panic a bit and sit up, which only resulting in feeling horrible pain.

"Itai..." I muttered softly as I held onto my shoulder.

I felt the texture of bandages and glanced over myself. I had bandages on my cuts and serious wound. What wasn't covered was littered with a few bruises here and there.

"Bruised and beaten again....even away from the mist..." I murmured with a sigh.

I then looked up when I heard a knock before the door slid open.

"Ohayo! Glad to see you're finally awake," they spoke cheerfully which surprised me.

I finally glanced over my surrounds a bit more diligently and it appeared I was in some sort of hospital. This person must be a nurse.

"How are you feeling?" She asked curiously as she looked over a clipboard.

"Tired and I feel pain," I spoke honestly.

She looked at me with a saddened face. "I'm sorry dear. We've done what we've can for your wounds, but you'll be fully healed in a couple of days," she said hoping to lift my spirits.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked curiously, since it didn't feel long.

"Hmmm. About three days. The Leaf Shinobi carried you here as fast as they could once they had you stabilized," she explained. "That was very brave of you to fight for that couple."

I became flustered a bit even though it wasn't a huge compliment, it felt nice to see my efforts actually noticed.

"They mean a lot to me. Are they okay?" I questioned immediately.

"Of course, of course. They've been visiting every day," the nurse informed me. "Along with the shinobi who brought you."

A shinobi has been visiting me....why? Are they a spy from the mist? Do they find me a threat?

"Why would a shinobi from the Leaf be visiting me?" I asked curiously.

"Well, you did pass out in front of him. You may have taken an interest in you possibly and is worried since you're so young," the nurse commented.

"Worried...." I murmured confused. "What do you mean by that?"

"Have you never been worried?" The nurse asked.

"Yes but why would others worry for me when they can worry about themselves?" I questioned.

"Ah. I see. They worry because they care," she stated.

"People....care about me?" I asked.

"Yes they do! Why wouldn't they?" She responded.

"No one ever cared about me in the Hidden Mist Village," I commented.

"Hidden Mist....." the nurse spoke a bit shook by that name, becoming suspicious. "You're from the Hidden Mist Village. Why are you in the Land of Fire?"

"I ran away," I replied simply.

"Ran away? Wouldn't your parents worry?" She questioned.

"I don't know where they are," I replied a bit saddened at the reminder I was taken from my original home.

"You don't? But, wouldn't they be from the Mist?" The nurse questioned, becoming a bit frustrated.

"That's enough, Hana," someone spoke as they walked into the room. "This isn't an interrogation room. It's a hospital. The Hokage will be questioning her soon enough."

"Oh. Sakumo. You're early," the nurse addressed as Hana commented. "I'm sorry. I just....Want to understand her."

"She's also four so some of this she doesn't even understand," he reassured as she patted her shoulder.

Hana nodded and then said goodbye to me before leaving the room. I looked at the newly arrived person and recognized him. The silver haired shinobi. He was called Sakumo.

"My apologies for Hana, she is just curious about you," Sakumo stated as he took a seat.

"It's okay," I replied softly. "Is Emi and Jun okay?"

"Yes. They're staying at an inn provided by the Hokage himself. They are well cared for," Sakumo reassured me.

"I'm glad they're okay," I stated as I smiled. "I'm grateful I was able to protect them long enough."

Sakumo nodded before resting his elbows on his knees, thinking to himself.

"I have many questions but since you just woke up I would rather not overwhelm you," he stated honestly as he looked back over at me. "I'm Sakumo Hatake."

"Kira," I replied softly. "So, you're the shinobi who has been visiting me. You're not a spy are you?"

He chuckled in amusement.

"Trust me. I'm not a spy," he replied in amusement. "I've been just making sure you're recovering well. You took a lot of hits and used a lot of chakra. I'm surprised you were able to last so long against three fighting individuals. My team had been tracking them for awhile and we were able to catch up because of you."

"Well, I'm glad you were able to catch them," I told him. "They were, difficult opponents. I just have never fought anyone out on the field. I just have learned and done what I'm told."

"Indeed," he replied softly with a smile. "Kira. Would you be okay to meet with Hokage tomorrow?"

I looked at him and thought about it.

"What's a Hokage?" I questioned.

"Oh. He's the leader of the Hidden Leaf Village."

"Ah. Well, would the meeting be here?" I asked curiously.

"Yes."

"Then yes."

"That's good. Better to know information sooner rather than later," Sakumo stated before he stood up. "Get plenty of rest. I'll be seeing you again tomorrow as well, Kira."

"Ah. See you tomorrow," I called as he left my room.

So I meet with the Hokage tomorrow huh......Will I tell him everything? If I do, does that make me a traitor? Hmmm. No. I was forced to be apart of the Mist Shinobi. I didn't choose.

Later I got a visit from Jun and Emi. They were happy to see I was awake.

"Are you feeling okay?" Emi asked worriedly as she began to look over me.

"I'm okay....I've had similar pain before...." I murmured.

"I know...I'm sorry..." Emi murmured with a sigh.

"Kira," Jun spoke and I looked up curiously at the stoic man. "You did good."

I gazed up at him and nodded, letting a small smile creep onto my face.