Chapter 6: The New Hatake

"Sakumo," I asked softly as we walked through the streets hand in hand.

"Yes Kira?" He responded softly as he looked down at me.

"Would it be okay if I called you father?" I asked curiously.

Sakumo seemed startled by this and then gently smiled.

"Of course you can Kira. You're now my daughter after all. I'll look after you," Sakumo responded.

"R-really!?" I questioned in excitement.

He nodded. "You're no longer Kira of the Mist. You're Kira Hatake. A girl of the Leaf."

I felt tears began to falls from my eyes and I hugged him tightly. I didn't know my real family, so being able to have others I can count on and care for felt so nice and assuring. It was like a safety blanket or a piece of my heart I finally found that I had lost. I was finally happy to have my own family.

"Thank you, father," I murmured softly as he patted my back.

We hugged for awhile and I'm sure a few people were looking at us weird since we had just got to town. I didn't care. We eventually pulled away and Sakumo kneeled down.

"Hop on," he said.

My eyes brightened up and I jumped onto his back, giggling as we walked through town. A few who knew Sakumo would wave at us as we passed by and I just smiled happily. This was my home now.

"Morning Sakumo. Oh, who is this little one," a nice lady with long, red hair asked as she passed by.

"Kushina. Nice to see you," Sakumo greeted politely. "This is Kira. She's my new daughter."

"Daughter. Aw that's so sweet. How is Kakashi adjusting," she asked curiously.

"I'm sure he likes her already. He doesn't have any friends yet so I think having a sister at home would do good for him. Especially when I'm out on missions," Sakumo stated. "Kira. This is Kushina. She was a fine Kunoichi of the Hidden Leaf."

"Really!" I spoke in awe. "You're so pretty."

"Aw. She's so cute," Kushina responded and chuckled.

Sakumo and her chatted for awhile as we walked towards the clothing stalls and I tried to listen but some of the things they talked about didn't make sense.

"Sakumo. Is she the child of the Mist that's been rumored?" Kushina asked curiously.

Sakumo nodded and let out a sigh.

"I know it probably got out from the hospital because of Hana," he admitted. "I promised someone that I would give Kira a childhood, so she can actually be a kid before she becomes a shinobi. She deserves that after suffering in the Mist. But I'm afraid people won't accept her."

"Nonsense. People shouldn't care where she comes from, but who she is. She's sweet and kind. If they can see that, they'll accept her," Kushina told him.

"Of course," Sakumo replied.

"I'll part ways now. I'll see you two around," Kushina said as she waved goodbye to us as she departed.

"Goodbye!" I called after her as I waved happily.

She giggled in amusement and then turned away as she disappeared into the crowd.

"I like her," I declared happily and Sakumo chuckled.

"Alright little wolf. Time to get some shopping done," Sakumo said.

I hopped down from his back and raced off.

"Shopping!"

"Kira wait!"

After we finished shopping, we headed to the academy to meet Kakashi after his test. We waited outside the doors and soon people began to come out. The silver haired, masked boy soon exited and looked over to us.

"I made it," he replied as if it was no big deal.

"Congrations brother Kakashi!" I announced and tackled him in a hug.

"Oi! Be careful," Kakashi warned as he caught me, giving me a hug back.

I just smiled and then looked over at Sakumo.

"Father. Can we go get our photo taken to celebrate?" I asked curiously.

"Mmm. Sounds like a perfect idea. To celebrate Kakashi getting into the academy along with the new addition to the family," Sakumo spoke as he patted my head.

I giggled and then began to walk out of the academy grounds.

"Ah. Dai. How did your son do," Sakumo said when he spotted a man in green outside the grounds.

"He didn't make it this time," the man addressed as Dai. "But I believe in him."

As they talked I looked over at the boy beside the man in green who had shiny black hair.

"What's your name?" The boy asked curiously as he stared at me.

"Me?" I said surprised. "Uh. Kira.....Kira Hatake!"

"Hi Kira Hatake! I'm Might Gai! I'm going to be the strongest one around," he announced as he gave a thumbs up.

"That's my boy," Dai said as he chuckle.

I giggled in amusement. "I'll be waiting to see you make that happen."

Gai blushed at my statement and then smiled.

"Thank you for your support!" He called as he gave me another thumbs up.

"Kakashi. Don't slack off just cause you got into the academy," Sakumo informed his son. "At the rate he's training, that boy will become stronger than you."

Kakashi stared over at the boy and just nodded, understanding his father.

"Come on you two. Let's go," Sakumo called as he began to walk off.

"Okay. Bye Gai!" I called back to the boy and then followed after Kakashi and Sakumo.

"Oh! Goodbye!" Gai called back a bit flustered.

He then turned to his father and asked, "Papa. Is she an angel?"

Dai was surprised by his statement and then chuckled.

"No. She isn't, but have you taken a liking to her?" Dai asked curiously.

Gai nodded eagerly. "I want to be friends with her! She believes in me!"

Dai smiled happily. "That's amazing son! Now let's get back to training!"

Might Gai has arrived!

Shorter chapter today, sowwie.

The next chapter will probably be published in a few days, sooooo don't worry!

Who is you guys favorite characters from Naruto? I wanna be able to get good all the good beans their time to shine in this book.