Chapter 85: Together

After the wedding we had a few days to ourselves. Daiko stayed with us at the apartment and Naruto was the same. His determination to become the hokage being stronger than ever. I admired it and encouraged it. However.....when he would decide to paint stuff over the hokage stone faces....I would be pretty upset. I let Iruka handle that now as his Sensei.

I somewhat convinced Gai to take a rest from training so he could spend more time with me a couple days after the wedding. He happily agreed, however, I did catch him once when he snuck out.

I woke up in my bed and felt that the other side was empty. It was cold too which meant Gai had been gone for awhile. I pouted, knowing it was still probably early in the morning. I sat up and just pulled on a robe as I tiredly moved to the kitchen to make tea. I didn't really feel like falling back asleep if he wasn't there. That's a very dramatic thing to do, but.....can you blame me for wanting to be cuddled?

I fixed my tea and began to sip it, enjoying the warm beverage. I sighed and then looked up when I heard the door open. The figure froze as soon as they saw me.

"Gai...." I spoke as I stared him down. "You think you can really get away with sneaking out?"

"Ah....Well..." he said at a loss for words, knowing he was caught.

"I know you take pride in your vigorous training and I admire you for it. But I would like to at least wake up to see my husband beside me," I stated. "At least for a few nights after we get married."

He sighed, now feeling bad for leaving and for having me wake up alone.

"I'm sorry my love," he spoke and walked over, hugging me close to his warm body. "I sometimes have a problem with staying still for too long."

I snuggled close to his chest, enjoying his warmth and presence.

"You know......There is a way I could possibly occupy you in bed," I spoke and then looked up at him with a devious smile.

Gai stared down at me and then blushed before burying his face into my neck.

"I....wouldn't mind....you occupying me," he responded.

I became a bit flushed at his response and then smiled as I kissed his cheek.

"Then let's go back to bed now," I replied and pulled away.

He nodded as a smile graced his face. I took his hand and led him back to bed. We laid back down in bed and he held me close with his rough, calloused hands, but made sure to be gentle.

Let's just say that Gai definitely has more stamina than I thought.

Month passed since the wedding and I was on my way to deliver lunch to Team Gai. They've been out training since the morning, so I figured I would bring them something to eat to regain some energy.

I walked to their usual training grounds and waved as soon as I saw Gai.

"Ah. Kira!" He spoke excitedly and I smiled. "Come to join us for some training?"

"Maybe, but I did bring you all lunch," I replied and held out the basket.

"Food!" Lee cheered, appearing out of no where.

My eyes widened when I saw Lee's new look. I even rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Lee wore the same green suit as Gai and even has a bowl cut as well.

"Awww Lee. I love your new look," I said cheerfully and hugged him.

"Kira Sensei!" Lee exclaimed caught off guard by my sudden affection.

"You look just like someone I know and you're quite dashing," I stated.

I looked over at Tenten and Neji who seemed so confused at the interaction.

"Thank you Kira Sensei!" Lee replied, blushing quite a bit.

I smiled and then let him go, but not before ruffling his hair a bit.

"Anyway, take a break guys and eat," I said to the others.

We all sat around, eating the bento boxes I made for everyone.

"Kira Sensei, you're an amazing cook," Tenten commented.

"Yeah! You should bring us lunch more often! Only if you want to!" Lee said and I chuckled.

"I would love to," I replied.

Gai sat there smiling non stop as he listened to his students and I talk. I'm guessing he loved that we all got along so well.

After they ate, I gathered my things in the basket and was getting ready to depart.

"Leaving Kira Sensei?" Neji asked and I nodded.

"Yes. I've taken up enough of your training time," I said.

"Why not train with us," Tenten spoke.

"Maybe another time. I am retired after all, but I do love training with you guys," I responded with a smile. "Goodbye."

"Wait," Gai spoke and I looked over to see him approaching. "May I be allowed to kiss my wife goodbye?"

I could practically hear the Team's jaws drop at such a statement. I tried to stifle a laugh at their shock.

"Of course you may," I replied.

He leaned down, giving me brief kiss on the lips before turning to his students.

"Let's get back to training," he announced.

"Hold on! Kira Sensei and Gai Sensei are together!?" Tenten spoke.

"That's amazing!! I'm so happy for you two!!" Lee shouted happily as tears streamed down his face.

"Makes sense as to why she visits us so often and why Gai Sensei lets her train us," Neji commented.

I laughed and just waved goodbye.

"See you all later!" I called before leaving.

I went back home and spent some time lazing around with Daiko before Naruto came home. When he returned home he appeared to be a bit defeated.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I asked curiously.

"I don't get why I can't make a good enough shadow clone...." he murmured.

I sighed and walked over, kneeling down in front of him.

"It can be hard at first, but with enough hard work you'll be able to do it. Train lots and make sure to focus your chakra," I told him.

He nodded and gave me his classic Naruto smile.

"I'll do my best!" He responded and I smiled, ruffling his hair.

"Anything else you want to talk about," I asked curiously.

"Well....." Naruto began to say and his face turned a bit pink. "There's this girl I like but.....she doesn't seem to care that I exist. All she cares about Sasuke. How am I supposed to win her over, you know?"

"Just....be yourself Naruto and then you'll find the right person," I told him and then kissed his forehead. "How about we have barbecue tonight?"

"Sure!!" He replied.

"Great. We'll leave as soon as Gai comes back," I responded and adjusted his goggles.

"Alright," he said and then raced off to his room.

Sometimes it felt like Naruto was more of my son than my little brother. Regardless of what he was I loved him dearly. Soon he'd be graduating from the academy and becoming a genin. Who knows what kind of shenanigans he'll get into then.

We're finally reaching to where some Naruto plot is! Woooo! Imma do a bit of fun chapters with Naruto shenanigans and such along with more Gai and Team Gai before ending this story.

However, it may be continued in another project I'm thinking of starting. We'll seeeeeeeee

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!!!!!

Love ya guys!!