Chapter 5: My Own Room

Kakashi showed me what a puzzle was and we constructed one together. It was the most fun I'd ever had. In the end, it created a beautiful picture of a waterfall. It took us awhile to finish since he insisted we did one of the more difficult ones. We were able to finish it after dinner.

"Alright Kira. Let me show you to your new room," Sakumo offered as he noticed we had finished. "It's gotten late. Say goodnight to Kakashi."

"Night Kakashi!" I called cheerfully as I followed after Sakumo who led me to my new room.

I walked past the door and looked inside to see a simple bed next to a window. The walls were a light grey and I had a dresser and nightstand. The room seemed empty, but it was a room none the less. My own room.

I giggled with excitement and jumped onto the bed happily.

"Thank you Sakumo! I love it," I told him gleefully.

"I'm glad to hear that," Sakumo responded as he sat at the foot of my bed. "Kira. How about tomorrow we go shopping?"

"Shopping?" I asked confused on the word.

"Well, shopping means going out to buy items such as groceries and clothing. We'll need to get you some clothes since you seem to have one outfit," Sakumo pointed out.

I nodded.

"Emi got this for me the first day we visited a town," I told him as I gazed down at my olive green shirt and grey trousers. "They're comfy and the only clothes I've been gifted."

"Green is very much your color, Kira," Sakumo complimented which made me blush. "I'll make sure to get you what you need when we go shopping. It'll be like a small adventure."

"Adventure," I spoke softly and then smiled in excitement. "I can't wait. Will Kakashi come as well?"

"No. He has his academy test tomorrow to see if he gets in. We'll be going to meet him afterwards," Sakumo commented.

I nodded and then got under my covers as I sat in my new bed pondering.

"Doss Kakashi really want to be a ninja already?" I asked him curiously.

"Yes. He's quite a genius and very talented. He looks up to me and I think that's what led him to wanting to become one as soon as possible," he pointed out.

"Ah. I wasn't given a choice....." I spoke sadly. "But, I think I still want to be a ninja, so I can help people like Emi and Jun!"

Sakumo chuckled and lightly ruffled my hair.

"You can do that in a year or so, after you've been able to be a child. Alright," Sakumo responded.

I nodded with a smile.

"Right!"

"Alright. Well, goodnight Kira," Sakumo said and stood up, exiting the room.

"Goodnight.....father...." I replied sleepily as I rested my head against my pillow, falling asleep.

Sakumo was surprised by that but just smiled before exiting the room.

The next morning, I woke up to the sun coming through my window. I rubbed my eyes and looked around making sure everything wasn't a dream. I was still in my new room. I smiled with happiness and then stood up, racing out of my room to see if anyone else was up. No one was. I sighed and began to look around.

I noticed a few picture of Kakashi and Sakumo together. They seemed so happy that it made me happy. I hope I'm able to get pictures with them someday. I ended up finding another puzzle and began to do that. After awhile, I heard footsteps and looked up to see Sakumo.

"Goodmorning!" I greeted cheerfully.

"You're up earlier than I thought," Sakumo pointed out in surprise as he went over to help me with the puzzle.

"I'm use to not getting a lot of sleep, but that was the best sleep I've ever had in awhile," I replied honestly.

Sakumo sighed but then put on a smile.

"Well, I'm glad," he responded softly. "Kira. How about you go wake up Kakashi so he won't be late to his test?"

"Okay!" I replied instantly and raced off to find his room.

After opening a few doors I found him peacefully sleeping. He still had his mask on. What a weirdo. I decided to surprise him.

"Kakashi!" I called and then jumped onto the bed. "Wake up!"

"Ahhhhh!" Kakashi called in surprised as he sat up after I jumped onto his bed.

I giggled and gazed over at him.

"Morning Kakashi! Ready for your academy test?" I questioned cheerfully.

"Of course. Why did you wake me up?" He asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"Sakumo asked me to. I wanted to surprise you so that I made sure you woke up," I replied with a giggle.

Kakashi shook his head and said, "You're so childish."

I stopped giggling and stared at him.

"Should I not be?" I asked curiously.

Kakashi seemed caught off guard from that question and then remember that his father explained everything to him last night.

"No...You're a child. You should be allowed to be childish," Kakashi gave in.

I smiled. "You're a child too you know! It's okay to not be serious."

"Yeah yeah. Let's just go eat breakfast," Kakashi replied and got out of bed.

"Yes!" I replied and raced out of his room to the kitchen.

'She seemed so shy last night and now she's such a handful. I guess that means she's comfortable now,' Kakashi thought to himself as he entered the kitchen.

"Goodmorning son," Sakumo greeted as he made breakfast for all of them.

"Morning father."

"Sakumo. Where will we be shopping first?" I asked, brimming with energy.

"We'll visit some clothing stalls first since that'll take the most time," Sakumo responded. "Then we'll look around before picking up Kakashi."

"Yay!" I cheered.

"So loud..." Kakashi muttered in annoyance.

Sakumo heard him and chuckled.

'Even though he seems annoyed, I'm sure he's already taken a liking to her,' Sakumo thought.

Sakumo watched his kids pridefully as he prepared breakfast.

'Those two will do great things some day,' he thought.

Oh boy. It's the New Year.

Hope everyone is doing well! I am just gonna try to survive this next year best as I can.

I hope you lovelies are enjoying the story!!!

This'll be more of a slow burn book and I'm so excited honestly!