Chapter 46: Worrying Saviors

3rd POV

"Gai go left. Obito right. I'll go middle. Rin, support," Kakashi commanded.

"Understood!" Rin replied.

"You got it!" Gai exclaimed.

"Alright!" Obito responded as he immediately began to do hand signals.

He then put his hand up to his mouth and blew out a giant fireball at his opponent. The Mist ninja in response created a large stream of water to keep the fire from reaching him, creating a large cloud of mist.

Kakashi threw several kunai at his opponent, setting a paper bomb on one of them. As the kunai hit the ground it set off the bomb and sent his opponent flying.

Gai engaged with his person and immediately sent a kick at them. They were only able to deflect some of his attack, clearly not use to an opponent who is based on Taijustu.

"Leaf Hurricane!" He yelled and sent the shinobi back with a swift kick.

Rin stayed back for support and Daiko stood beside her defensively.

The three shinobi were now in close range with each other. Kakashi took this as an opportunity and began to make hand signs.

"Doton: Rikujou Shougekiha no jutsu!"

He slammed his hand into the ground, sending a giant Shockwave towards the enemy. Two of the shinobi were able to jump out of the way while the other one thrown back even further, now unconscious.

Obito threw several shuriken their way as they began to do hand signs.

"Mizu Tate no Jutsu!"

"Suikusari no Jutsu!"

One of them created a barrier around them with water and the other created water chains, shooting them towards Obito.

"Look out!" Rin yelled as she threw a kunai at the chains, blowing them up.

"Thanks Rin!" Obito called and began to do hand signs. "Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu!"

He created another giant fireball and sent it their way. As the one dodged, Kakashi intercepted and landed a swift kick to their side, sending them flying. Once the fire jutsu was over, the other mist shinobi released the barrier. In doing so, they were met with a strong kick as well from Gai.

"Leaf Hurricane!" He yelled and sent them flying.

Meanwhile Minato had caught up to Sero and blocked his way.

"I won't let you get any further," he spoke confidently.

"The yellow flash of the leaf," Sero commented. "You're the one who took care of my scout about six years ago."

"That was the first attempt to capture Kira," Minato replied, remembering all too well.

"Yeah. I liked that shinobi. He was pretty talented, but not enough it seems," he stated as he set Kira down.

"It's clear your intentions aren't to harm her. What do you want with her then," Minato questioned.

"Why would I tell my enemy my intentions," he responded and started doing hand signs. "Suiton: Suihou no Jutsu!"

He then spat a large stream of boiling water at his enemy, Minato however disappeared in seconds, letting the trees behind him get burned by the water. Sero looked in shock at his sudden disappearance and then froze when he felt the cold metal of a kunai against his throat.

"Seems you're not talented enough as well," Minato stated.

"Ah...appears so," Sero replied with a sigh. "I at least got to have one battle with the ultimate weapon..."

Minato didn't want to hear anymore and sliced his throat, letting his body fall to the ground. With that one statement he finally knew the Mist's true intentions.

They want to use her as a weapon.

He carefully picked Kira up and raced back to the others.

The other leaf shinobi had tied up the three Mist shinobi they faced and looked over as their sensei returned.

"Kira!" Gai called as he raced over along with the others.

"Rin. Please check her over," Minato ordered as he laid Kira down.

"Right!" Rin replied and kneeled down beside her friend, beginning to examine her wounds. "She's stable but has several burns on her left side along with lots of scratches and bruises."

"Heal what you can and you all will head back to the Leaf. I'll take care of these Mist shinobi," he informed them.

They all nodded as Minato left, taking the Mist with him. Rin began healing what wounds she could and Daiko laid beside Kira patiently, letting out small whimpers. Kakashi and Obito stood to the side patiently while Gai paced around, unable to stay still.

"Alright," Rin began to say as she stopped. "We can head back and take her to the hospital."

"On it!" Gai responded immediately and picked up Kira.

"Be careful!" Rin warned and Kakashi sighed.

He's use to Gai being overbearing and extra, but he never took him as the type to take sudden initiative like this.

Without another word Gai was racing back to Konoha with the rest of the group hot on his heels. He was using more of his speed now to race back. All he could think about was getting to the hospital no matter what. If he didn't have his weights on, he would be tempted to go faster.

Why now of all times would you do that? Because someone he cares about got hurt and he wanted to do whatever possible to make sure they're okay.

Eventually he raced through the gates and went straight to the hospital. They took her and rolled her to a room immediately to make sure everything was okay.

All they could do is wait now.

"She'll be okay guys," Rin stated confidently. "She didn't have any fatal wounds."

"I know....but I can't help but worry," Gai murmured sadly.

"Hehe! Looks like Beast Face has a crush," Obito teased.

"H-Huh!" Gai exclaimed and his face turned completely red. "What're you saying?!"

"You know what I'm saying," Obito replied with a hmph.

'Now it is just obvious,' Kakashi thought to himself, slightly annoyed. 'Just be alright....Sister."

Y'all get a treat today! Two chapters! Tee hee!

Hope you enjoyed them!!! :)