Chapter 20: Village Chores

"I'm home," Kakashi called as he walked into the house.

I was making lunch and looked over when I heard his voice. This means the Chunin exams finished.

"Kakashi!" I called and raced over to meet him. "How'd you do?"

He held his hands behind his back and then lifted them up, showing a sheet of paper and a jacket.

"You passed!" I said in excitement and hugged him. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you," Kakashi responded.

"What about Obito and Rin?" I asked curiously as I pulled away.

"Obito lost to Gai in the final part," Kakashi stated. "Rin also didn't make it."

"So wait. Did Gai become a chunin?" I questioned.

"No. I ended up fighting him and he lost," he explained.

"Ah...That's unfortunate," I responded softly.

"Mhm," Kakashi hummed in response and walked further into the house. "How's your team?"

"We're great! My teammates are Nari Hyuga and Daiki Kiyama and my Sensei is Emiyo Tanaka," I told him.

"A Hyuga? That's interesting," Kakashi commented as he began to grab food from his fridge.

"Yeah. Nari acts stoic but is really nice. I guess I could say Daiki is a bit like Obito," I told him.

"That's unfortunate," Kakashi commented and I lightly hit him.

"That's rude. I like Daiki. He's always so determined," I responded honestly. "He doesn't like giving up."

Kakashi just nodded in response.

"Alright. Well I'm glad you're home!" I told him with a smile. "I'll see you later. My team has some missions today."

"See you later," Kakashi called back as I headed out the door and ran to the Hokage office to meet up with my team.

"Ah. Kira, you've finally arrived," Emiyo Sensei said as I met her and the two boys in front of the Hokage office doors.

"I'm not late am I?" I asked wordiedly.

"No. That's usually Daiki's job," Nari said which earned him an angry look from Daiki.

"Alright that's enough. Let's get our missions," Emiyo Sensei said and walked inside the office.

Our meeting with the hokage was brief as he gave us small D Missions.

"Alright. We have to help a lady with her garden, find a lost puppy, and help clean up the park," Emiyo Sensei.

"Those are all boring," Daiki stated with a huff. "I want to go on a real mission where we fight."

"We are not ready for that..." Nari muttered and rolled his eyes as Daiki continued to complain.

"Nari and Kira, go search for the lost puppy. Daiki and I will take care of the garden and we'll meet up at the park after we finish, okay?" Emiyo Sensei spoke and we all nodded. "Okay. Team 9 disperse!"

Nari and I took off and headed towards the area where the puppy was last seen.

"Can you use your Byakugan to see which direction it went?" I asked once we landed on a rooftop.

Nari nodded and began to concentrate, opening his lavender eyes as his Byakugan was activated. We walked around some more as we searched and soon Nari stopped.

"Did you find it?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah. It's a couple yards this way," he said and raced off, me following behind.

We spotted the puppy and I leaped down grabbing the small dog before it could make a break for it. The puppy barked as it squirmed in my arms and I tried to make it calm. Eventually it settle down and I lightly pet it's ears, smiling at its cuteness.

"We should return it now," Nari advised as he walked over to me.

I nodded and began to follow him to the owner's address we'd been given. I reluctantly gave back the puppy and followed Nari to the park where we would meet with the rest of the team. They hadn't arrived yet so we began to go ahead and start cleaning the area.

"So...Nari," I began to say. "Why did you decide to be a shinobi?"

"Well, it's a good opportunity to get more training," Nari admitted. "In my clan we're born meant to serve the branch family, so they thought it would be best if I was trained on a team."

"So it wasn't technically your decision?" I pointed out.

He didn't respond at that and continued to clean. I sighed and then looked over seeing Emiyo Sensei and Daiki approaching.

"How was gardening?" I asked curiously.

"Boring!" Daiki complained. "Picking weeds is the worst."

"It went fine. The nice old lady even made us lemonade," Emiyo Sensei stated and ruffled Daiki's black hair.

Daiki huffed and folded his arms. Eventually they began to help clean up with the rest of us, finishing up before sunset.

"Alright. Come on guys, I'll treat you guys to some barbecue," Emiyo Sensei offered and Daiki cheered. "We'll be doing some more missions tomorrow."

"Will they be more fun missions?" Daiki questioned.

"That depends on what you consider fun Daiki," Emiyo Sensei stated with a chuckle and Daiki huffed.

"Don't worry Daiki. We'll be able to do cooler missions in the future," I stated.

"I hope so...." Daiki replied with a sigh.

Some shorter chapters today but this helps you get to know the team and all that.

Hope you are enjoying the story so far!