Chapter 56: Nine-Tails Released

"Is...is the birth really that dangerous to the point you need to be sent outside of Konoha....." I murmured as I sat with Kushina and Minato.

"The birth will weaken the jinchuriki seal and it could possibly be dangerous," Minato explained.

"I'm a medical ninja! Could I be there?" I questioned. "Please! I could help!"

"No, Kira. We'll already have Biwako and Taji helping me," Kushina explained. "There will also be plenty of anbu as a precaution."

"All of this is top secret, Kira," Minato warned, becoming more serious. "I wanted you to know, in case something happens. Since her due date is later tonight."

"But....I don't want anything to happen," I murmured.

"I know sweety," Kushina replied softly as she began to get. "But you never know. Biwako should be here soon."

I got up as well as I walked over to Kushina. I lightly placed a hand on her stomach and sighed.

"Don't cause too much trouble Naruto," I spoke quietly and Kushina smiled in amusement.

"It'll be alright Kira," Kushina responded as she pulled into a hug. "I love you."

I lightly hugged her a bit tighter when she said those words, being careful as well.

"I love you too...." I murmured.

Kushina then met with Biwako at the door and left. Minato walked over and lightly set a hand in my head. I glanced up at him and he just smiled.

"You're a great shinobi, Kira," Minato commented. "Konoha will be relying on your strength someday."

I nodded and smiled up at him. He then eventually left and I stayed at the house for awhile, cleaning a bit, Daiko helping me as well. Later I heard a knock on the door and walked over, opening it. I smiled at the visitor.

"Hi brother," I greeted Kakashi happily.

He was still in some of his anbu gear but had no anbu mask on.

"I figured we could chat a bit and wander the village together," he stated. "It's a nice night anyway and it's my last night before I go on a mission tomorrow morning."

"Yeah. Let's go," I responded and then glanced over at Daiko. "You can go hunting in the forest for tonight if you want."

Daiko wagged his tail and then raced passed us, running off to go hunt. I chuckled in amusement and then closed the door to the house as I followed after Kakashi.

"You been doing alright?" I questioned as we walked around the village.

"I think so," Kakashi responded as he rubbed his head. "Sometimes I still feel like I see them when really it's just my imagination."

"I'm sorry," I replied as I pat his arm. "You were their teammate, so I can't imagine how awful you must have felt."

He stayed silent and I linked my arm with his as a small sign of comfort. Sometimes actions get to him better than words.

"Enough talk about that stuff. Let's grab a bite to eat while we're out. Let's get Ichiraku Ramen for old times sake," I suggested.

He gave me a closed eyed smile along with a nod. I smiled in response and began to lead us to the best ramen shop in Konoha. We ordered our ramen and sat down to eat. I glanced over, noticing him take his mask off in order to slurp down his food. I turned away to give him his privacy. I've seen him without his mask before. Since we were siblings and everything it made sense for him to at least task his mask off occasionally in the comfort of our own home. I never questioned him about it. I figured it was just his own little quirk.