Chapter 51: My Return to the Leaf

(A/N: A little gift along with the new chapter! Here's some up to date Kira art so you knows what she looks like now! Adorable! That's what!)

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(A/N: A little gift along with the new chapter! Here's some up to date Kira art so you knows what she looks like now! Adorable! That's what!)

The sky was a beautiful blue and clouds scattered the sky forming several shapes as they occasionally covered the sun as they passed by through the sky. The village was bustling usual, shops selling their supplies and restaurants seating customers.

The wind would occasionally pick up and leaves would scatter that had fallen from the branch too soon. The guards stood by the gate as they always did and looked over as they noticed two figures walking to the gate. One of the figures as a large, white wolf and the other was a girl with a Leaf Headband. That girl was me.

I smiled as I walked back through the gates of Konoha after three years. The war was over and my medical training was complete. Now it was time for me to experience and learn new things on my own as I work through the medical field. I wore a long, loose sleeved blue kimono shirt and grey pants that stopped to my mid calf. I wore black sandals and white bandages lined up from my ankles to just below my knee. My hair was short again, just lightly brushing my shoulders. I wondered if anyone would recognize me after so long.

I was fourteen now. Still young with much to learn. I was so happy when I heard the war was over during our travels and even learned that Minato became the new Hokage. Knowing these things made me want to come home more. Things would be better now.

I began to walk through the village heading for the hokage tower and I could sense Daiko getting anxious. He wasn't use to be around a lot of people in awhile.

"Go for a walk. You can find me later," I told him.

His tail wagged a bit at those words and then raced off. I smiled in amusement and continued my trek. When I arrived I lightly knocked on the office door and heard a faint come in. I pushed open the door and walked in.

"Evening Lord fourth," I spoke respectfully as I stood before him.

When he looked up, he seemed frozen for a second but then smiled in realization.

"Kira. You've come home," Minato spoke happily as he stood up and walked over to me.

I nodded and smiled as well.

"How was training," he asked curiously.

"I've learned a lot and I've become stronger. Princess Tsunade was a wonderful teacher and I've improved greatly," I told him.

"You'll have to tell me more about it some time. I'm sure it's a long story," he commented as he lightly ruffled my hair.

"Yeah. Probably best," I responded. "I came by to let you know I have returned and after a few days I would like to start being assigned missions again."

"Wonderful," he replied. "If I may, could you possibly stay with Kushina for awhile."

"Uh. Of course. How come?" I asked curiously.