story 69

JJ's POV:

Kie and I had been dating for almost a year and things were great until they weren't. We had always joked around and never took things that seriously. We were constantly with John B and Pope and never got as much alone time as we would like.

It's been months since we've been on an actual date. Our dates usually turned into either Pope or John B tagging along.

Today we were at the chateau and we were out on the HMS pogue drinking beer, swimming in the marsh, and smoking weed. We ran into Topper, Rafe, and Kelce.

All six boys were yelling back and forth and suddenly they reminded me of my kook year.

"Kiara, don't forget about your kook year" Tooper yelled

"How could she forget? She was with me" Rafe said as he was thrusting his hips in the hair

"Fuck off!" She said as John B finally drove off

Pope went to sit by her and he said, "Don't listen to them. Your kook year is in the past"

I didn't say anything and John B went over and I took over driving. They both comforted her while I drove back to the chateau. I docked the boat and Kie got off and stormed into the chateau.

"What's going on?" I asked the boys

"No clue, she's your girlfriend" John B said

I went inside and she was grabbing her stuff.

"Kie" I said getting her attention

"Just leave me alone, JJ. It's what you do best" She snapped

We began screaming back and forth at each other. We both said some really nasty things to each other. I told her to go back to her kook life and she told me I was acting like my father.

"Just fuck off! Leave me alone. You're good at that!" She said slamming the door

She left the chateau and the boys were asking me what happened. I told them and they said they would go talk to her. I stopped them and said, "You guys are my brothers, but you need to let me take care of this alone. She's my girlfriend..."

I laid in bed thinking about our fight. She was right, I was acting like my dad. It was late and I didn't want to bother her. Instead, I came up with a plan to save our relationship.

The next morning, I met everyone at the chateau like normal except I brought a bouquet flowers that I picked from a kooks garden.

I walked over to Kie and handed them to her. She grabbed them and smiled and I said, "Come with me"

I brought her outside and said, "I've been an awful boyfriend to you. I know you said last night to leave you alone but I can't do that."

She didn't say anything. I knew she was still mad at me. I told her I was taking her out to breakfast. We were leaving in the Twinkie and John B and Pope came out and jumped in.

"Where are we going?" Pope asked

"I'm taking Kie out for breakfast" I said kicking them out

I drove to a restaurant and we went inside and sat down. Thankfully, she started a conversation and she asked, "How's it been working at the country club?"

"It's got its perks... But I hate the kooks" I replied and the conversation pretty much just died

"I didn't mean I hate you... I mean I hate how looks like Rafe and Topper act which is pretty much everyone there... Are you going to break up with me?"

She didn't say anything at first and then she said, "I don't know... Not right now"

They waitress brought our food and we ate with super minimal and casual conversation. Kie even paid for breakfast. I felt like a complete failure. I took her out for breakfast and she paid. I was supposed to pay.

I wanted to spend the whole day with her and I had no idea what to do next.

"Can I drive?" Kie asked

"No, but you can tell me where to go" I smiled back at her

She gave me directions to the new mini golf place. It was something I talked about doing with John B and Pope as Kie had no interest.

"Kie, we can go somewhere else"

"No, I want to be here" She said getting out

She again paid for mini golf. It was a blast and helped get rid of some of that awkward tension. I ended up just barely beating her.

We left and got lunch at her parent's restaurant and we ate on the beach and she said, "I hate how John B and Pope have to do everything with us"

"I know and I didn't realize that until yesterday. I promise to prioritize us"

"It's okay, I love our friend group but I also love it when it's just us... Like yesterday, I didn't want John B or Pope to come to sit by me, I wanted you"

"Why didn't you say something?" I asked and realized that was a stupid question

"Nevermind, I wanted to be the one to comfort you but I'm not good at it and I know it. John B and Pope are so much better at comfort. I never grew up with comfort and I don't ever want to make things worse by saying something wrong"

"All you ever have to do is just hold me in your arms. You don't have to say anything."

I hugged her and then we decided to go surfing as the waves looked incredible. We surfed all evening and we watched the sun go down. It was dark out and I was putting the surf boards on the roof. It was dark and I was heading back to the chateau.

We arrived as we promised John B and Pope we'd come back for hotdogs and a bonfire. They had the fire started and Pope asked, "So how was your date?"

"It was good" Kie said

Shit. She was totally going to break up with me. We hung out and Kie acted normal around John B and Pope. It was around 10pm and everyone was getting tired. Kiara got up and she said my name as she walked by me.

I got up and followed her down to the dock and I expected her to yell or be pissed.

"I'm sorry for saying you are turning into your father. You are nothing like him. I'm awful for comparing you to him. I'm sorry, JJ"

"I was acting like thim. I'm sorry for not being there for you"

She hugged me and said, "I'm not going to break up with you. I missed you and I love you"

"I love you so fucking much it scares me" I said kissing her

We were making out and John B yelled, "Get a room"

Kie pulled back and she said to me, "That sounds like a great idea"

"Yeah, it does" I said as I kissed her one more time and we ran to the chateau and went into my room. I knew this pissed John B off when I had girls over, but Kie wasn't just some girl and we needed this.

I woke up with Kie in my arms the next morning and said, "Good morning, princess"

She smiled and we got up and everything was back to normal. We were going to be okay, we had to be okay. I was going to marry her someday and I refuse to lose her over some stupid fight.